Bad
Good

Both of my children go to Scholls Heights and we are very happy. The parent involvement is fabulous! The Principal is very diplomatic in running her school. I am impressed with the efforts of each teacher regardless of the student's level of ability. I volunteer every Thursday both in my son's class in the morning then in my daughter's class in the afternoon. I get to see the inner workings of this great school. For those negative reviews, there is very little merit (most negative reviews were from so long ago).

We have had children at the school over the years and we have always been happy with the teachers and the education they are getting. I believe it is definitely above average for the area. The staff at the front office have always been exceptional and caring with any situation, I am shocked to hear otherwise as I have dealt with them as a parent and volunteer many, many times. They have been nothing but kind and helpful-. The principal, on the other hand, has her own agenda in my opinion and seems to care about it more than what is best for the kids. Changed the school ideals to what she wants whether the parents/kids like it or not as I have seen on numerous occasions. Very sad to see as we love the school and teachers, but would like to see a principal that is more concerned about our children.

I have been a parent with kids going to Scholls Heights since 2007. I believe we have the best school staff that promotes a very healthy learning environment. When you factor in all the funding cuts and all the shuffling of staff and resources that is the result of budget cuts, you see that this school has still managed to thrive and excel. Can you imagine being a third grade teacher with a room full of 30 kids who have varying degrees of academic competency and you are responsible for keeping ALL of them meeting or exceeding grade level expectations? I love the spirit that our Scholls Heights teachers and parents have - they don't back down from a challenge, they support each other and rise to the occasion. I'm shocked to see the negative comments on this page and I'm quite sure most of these complaints are borne from the circumstances created by diminishing resources. Please don't paint the entire Scholls Heights community with the same brush; take a moment to step back and look at the big pictures. The front desk staff you criticize for being cold is not there just to sit and chat with you - they have a long 'to-do' list and expect that you are old enough to feed your own ego!!

The school may have great teachers, but the communication from the front desk couldn't be colder. We just signed on a house that will put us in this school's boundaries and I actually considered retracting our offer after a few emails and conversations with this school. Bummer when I'm coming from a very warm and fuzzy school (in same district) whose goal is to help families feel welcomed and wanted. I'm going to be at the school for a long time and hope it can become a friendlier school.

Principal is all talk. Can get anything done. Doesn't care about the parents! Lots of teachers that should have retired long ago! Gong down hill FAST!!!!

bad teachers! bad leadership! Lack of responsibility from Principal who favors certain people. Wish we had a choice! Lets get rid of the Unions!

This is the best school in the Beaverton School District, better than local private schools. When we moved to the area from another section of Beaverton we removed our children from a Catholic school that we were happy with and placed them at Scholls. We couldn't have made a better choice. The learning environment is outstanding, the teachers are excellent and parents are encouraged to participate in all aspects of the school.

The school is excellent. My daughter loves to be in the school and has learnt a lot in terms of writing and reading in her first year in kindergarten. The teachers are excellent and the parent involvement is great. They are not only encouraged to be creative, but the teachers use various websites for Math and English to achieve academic success . Also I am very impressed with the discipline in kids while in class or outside in hallways.

Our child was in full day kindergarten in 2010 and it was a horrific experience. His teacher told one child who was crying that "kindergarteners don't cry." This child spoke limited English so it was doubly distressing to hear her say this to him. A lot of nitpicking, overlooked students who didn't do their work correctly and nagged other students who took longer because they weren't cheating. I understand that she is no longer teaching there so perhaps it will be a better experience. The front desk staff are also abrupt and unapproachable. Especially annoying when I was volunteering my time to help out! Other teachers may be better, we left after kindergarten so I can't attest to the rest of the academic staff. The full day kinder teacher we had is no longer there.

We were disappointed with this first year our child was in attendance at Scholls Heights. During conferences the teacher told us what our child had accomplished, but on some things we had our doubts. When we questioned our child, there was no knowledge as to what we were talking about. Naturally we went back to the teacher to express our concerns & she became very defensive. We weren t trying to attack her teaching, merely expressing concern that our child may not be with the rest of the class. This scenario repeated itself a couple more times throughout the school year. Parent/Teacher relationships are very important & all parties need to have the student s best interest in mind. We, unfortunately, did not have this and ended the school year feeling our child had not been valued and had been left behind as you so often hear in a negative way in regards to public schools.

Last modified Scholls Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.