Bad
Good

Horrible school. School administration is arrogant and very much anti-gifted students. It does not allow advanced students to take IB classes early. One year there was only a single student qualified for AIME math exam, and the school decided to cancel their registration for AIME all together!

My daughter started at Southridge as a freshman. I have to say, my opinion of the school is not great. My daughter has always been very motivated, and done well at school. However, she really struggled at Southridge. At first I chalked it up to adjusting to a different school.....She had a hard time keeping up in class and the most frustrating part was the teachers lack of help. She had no problem asking the teachers for help, but she was almost always met with "that's something you learned last year" (how they know what she learned last year or not is beyond me. I guess they made the assumption that EVERY child in Southridge went to the exact same school for junior high.We had just moved from out of state), or "we'll go over it later" (later never came). It was very difficult seeing my daughter try so hard, yet have absolutely no help...Another issue we had was bullying. The kids were extremely mean to my daughter, but the worse part was the lack of any action on the part of the teachers. Kids would loudly embarrass my daughter in front of the whole class, and instead of a teacher stepping in, they would pacify the student who was bullying and embarrassing my daughter.

Great school, great teachers, great environment. My son loves it there. This school is a wonderful place for students.

Southridge is an awesome school! Teachers and students are very friendly. I enjoyed my freshman year at SRHS so much! :) GO SKYHAWKS!!!!!

This school is horrible! Teachers, coaches, parents, and students look down upon those who are not rich. Everyone is arrogant and they discriminate against non white students! Do not go to this school unless you are rich and white. The worst school of all the Metro schools!

2 of my sons friends who "grand from the blc from conestoga year of 2011 at different times went to the woods to the right of the school and hung themselves.. I was told it was a privacy issue is why I was not told and learned long after it happened. If your child is on the spectrum or from the blc please take note and make sure they have the support they need. Social functions are eliminated as punishment at conestoga middle school and the children have no skills to function in a highschool of southridges magnitude. Kids spraying ax body spray and lighting each other on fire is another thing to cautious of. I hope this post is not deleted i am truly a concerned parent.

School is hard if youre not 100% white or wear all designer clothes or are drop dead gorgeous, you'll be looked down upon.. These will be the worst days of your life or for some years if you don't get out soon. If you're not a part of the popular group you will be bullied 24/7. That's why I transferred to Beaverton high school. The teachers there actually CARE, education's great, and every student there has a different student and you'll actually be accepted, my grades have never been better and I've never had a bigger smile on my face. Everyday at beaverton is a GREAT day. As for southridge... it's a nightmare. Proud to be a beaver now, not a sky hawk.. Hahah.

The school is pretty good, I graduated last year. A lot of the teachers are very good and of the highest quality. The IB program is a joke though and does very little to actually help the students at the time and in the long run, also the IB coordinator is a horrible person only looking out for her image not the futures of the students, she will say anything to get students into her program. As long as you skip the IB diploma Southridge is a good school. Oh and Amy Gordon is one of the worst principals ever, makes students uncomfortable and scapegoats students.

Southridge has provided a high level of classes, teachers & staff to nurture the students. They have a Marching Band that has preformed at the top of the NW ~ taking 1st place our of 31 schools in multiple competitions. They have sports teams that have dominated the League for several years. The school also has a 'Sister school' in Uganda that Southridge has provided a Computer Lab for their school along with raising funds for 4 students from Uganda to come visit Southridge in 2009 for 3 weeks. It was the first time these students have ever been on a plane or left Uganda. All students from their school have lost at least 1 parent to AIDS. Southridge has an incredible Drama department that has preformed a variety of high caliber plays with incredible talent for High School level actors. The school is lucky to have a Principal that is very involved with the students and supports the programs fully.

It's a pretty good school, but I think the Principal leadership category is less than the 4-star rating it is given. Many students and teachers don't exceptionally like our administration due to the lack of leadership from the main principal. At most in that category I would say a 3-star (and that's on the high end). I would agree with the rest of the ratings. Teachers are awesome, and we have some amazing Extracurriculars for only being around 10 years.

Last modified Southridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.