Beaverton, OR
Students enrolled: 1,085

Posted October 21, 2014
I am a student attending this school at the moment. I have good grades, and it's always temping to skip homework, grade my friends test paper to a good score, or even sometimes skip class. No one usually gets caught in these situations from my point of view. There's always cheating, sneaking around, too much drama, and not enough teachers play attention to their students. I know thy try their hardest, but it's not enough. There is a lot of "bulling" at this school, but from what I see, it's mostly teasing that sometimes goes into an extreme. I think his school could improve in all ways possible, it needs work on everything, but due to budget cuts, there will be no improvement, and probably only get worse as there might be a need for more budget cuts. In the end, if you are a parent taking their time to read this, and researching about the school your child will be attending, I say go to another school, because this school is not what you are looking for, trust me.

Posted May 12, 2014
Go to South Meadows Middle School. That's all I have to say. I'm coming back to this school next year for 8th grade and I hope I can avoid all the bullies to come. :(

Posted April 08, 2014
I am pulling my second child out of this school. When my 18 year old daughter was in Five Oaks I pulled her because of their incompetence. I am now pulling my 12 year old daughter out, because they are still incompetent. Never send any child to this school.

Posted February 19, 2014
It's ok some of the teachers are ok bad test scores though great drama and are program not a lot of bullying I just put my daughter in five oaks in October and she loves it fits in great but there was a problem with drugs a coupe mouths ago

Posted January 26, 2014
5 oaks is ok. The people there are nice, it's just I think its stupid they combine history, geo, and writing into one class, Humanities. Also I do NOT like my math teacher. I'm one of the more advanced students in my math class, and my teacher accuses me of not challenging myself (that's why I'm getting near perfect grades).

Posted September 25, 2013
This school has demonstrated to me a very unfair philosophy. My son has been bullied several times over the past few years in the Beaverton School District. I have even had to take him to the ER on one occasion. Today my son was punished for defending himself. I could not believe when the VP told me that is not allowed, and that your son "reciprocated"... This is insane thinking in the world we live in, so, My son is suppose to get beat on and do nothing..? Really..? This same VP approached me immediately after i picked my son up to get in my face and tell me i need to check in at the office before "wandering" around the school. First off, i did check in and even showed ID. secondly, i was 30 feet from the office..!!! i would avoid this school, and i myself need to get my son out of there. This school has an apparent history of violence, amongst other activity that leaves little to like. If our children cant protect themselves, who will.?

Posted July 20, 2012
I went to this school for 6th and 7th grade. The school is okay. They change and rearrange the staff a lot, so its always hard for me to tell who I should go to for what. I will miss the band and PE teacher the most. There aren't a lot of advancement opportunities though, coming from a kid who was AP all her life. Unless your a year ahead, you have to get dragged through math until you catch up (or slow down) to what you're class is learning. And also, I read at a college level (their words, not mine) and don't get any Advancement classes for that. I'm going to a different school for 8th grade and am thankful. 5 Oaks is going through budget cuts and the schedule is going to be completely different and they're getting rid of my science teacher. Five Oaks has weird classes: they don't really have Literature classes, but cram English and History and Creative Writing into one class called Humanities. I enjoy writing but learned virtually nothing from that class(not even organizational tips). Its all very standard and that's great for someone who isn't me. the classes were too big and I never felt like I had my teacher's attention for more than 3 minutes, so I never felt understood.

Five Oaks Middle School 4

Posted July 12, 2011
This is an awesome school depending on which group of teachers you get during your 7th/8th grade years. If you get teachers that you connect with and help you and you don't make a fool of yourself quickly, I learned the teachers are extremely helpful. The fact that you keep the same teachers really builds up a trust between students and teachers, making it much easier to talk to them, and more confident to ask them for help. The gym classes are fine, but the other electives are amazing. The 6th grade teachers are really hit or miss, some are good but others are horrible. The principal during my time there was friendly, same with the majority of the staff. However, my main complaint with this school was that I don't feel that it fully prepared me for high school. this may be to me going to a different type of high school however, so i'll cut them some slack. Testing is a painless procedure, but the staff could do a better job at keeping some of the more rule breaking students in check, but they usually do decent. The students however, are rude and make fun of everyone, but I guess that's the norm. Good school though, happy to say I went there. Also, Explorers group is the best!

Five Oaks Middle School 5

Posted May 03, 2011
My daughter goes to this school and she's loving every minute of it. She came from the Philippines 2 years ago, but through the help of her teachers and school staff she has adjusted well and has made many friends. I know she loves Five Oaks, and we (her parents) does too. She'll be going to high school next school year, I'm sure she will miss Five Oaks.

Five Oaks Middle School 5

Posted March 28, 2011
I go to Five Oaks and it is the BEST middle school on Earth! It is kind of in a bad neighborhood but everybody there is SO nice!!!!

Five Oaks Middle School
1600 NW 173rd Ave, Beaverton, OR  97006
Last modified Five Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Five Oaks Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top