Bad
Good

My son doesn't go anymore there because is in high school now but I can say that it was a great school. The principal at that time (Mrs. Toshiko Maurizio) was a wonderful principal and did huge changes and positive things to the school.

I think your experience depends on your perspective and expectations of the school. I think the SUMA programs spends quality time equipping the kids with a quality education. Students who do not participate in the SUMA program, well I think they are receiving a mediocre education at best. Not necessarily the fault of the school mind you, the district chooses what to put into which schools. This school has limited after school offerings, which means limited student interest. I think they need to work harder in implementing more after school clubs and activities on school grounds. I also think there needs to be mandatory homework every night. I know kids don't want to do it, but they are not being exposed to real-life experiences by not giving them homework. College has homework. Even many professions require some element of of "home work". Overall, I'm disappointed with Meadow Park. I think the Beaverton School district (Oregon state as a whole) needs to make school choice a higher priority allowing for more charter schools to be built and giving parents and student more choices in obtaining state funded, charter education.

I am very happy with Meadow Park. I had heard so many negative things that I was quite apprehensive about sending my child there. The principal is excellent. She is dedicated to helping each and every student succeed. She has instituted Saturday school. If your child is behind in class they can attend Saturday school which the principal personally oversees. There are student tutors from Westview and snacks provided. I love that the 6th graders have their own hall and each lunch with the summa students. The teachers who as we all know are overworked and underpaid are exceptional.

My oldest son recently completed sixth grade at Meadow Park. We were nervous about middle school, but I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised by Meadow Park. His teachers were caring and challenged him to do his best. The administrative staff is great and the principal goes out of her way to make herself accessible to parents. Also, the band program is fantastic. My only complaint is that he seemed to have quite a bit of down time in class (enough to almost always have his homework completed before he got home). Overall, a great school!

Just came back from the parent-teacher conference to prepare for the end of the year. We had one 5 weeks into the school year and today again with about 6 weeks to go. My 13y.o. hates this school, but as a teacher myself I have to say he is full of 13 year old teenage hot air! The teachers here are dedicated and they care so much that at times will call our house, send me an email, and you can tell they are personally bothered and frustrated when kids they know should be doing much better in school are not getting good grades. There have been a very small number of altercations between students at this school this year and there really isn't anything negative I can think of to report on to other parents. It was the worst 3 years of my life personally and most of my friends and family would say the same thing. I am only 36, but truthfully, I'm not even sure if I could pass the curriculum they have my 7th grader in when I was 13! I took Algebra in 10th grade, now they want all students to take it by 8th grade. Yikes. I think it's great though, just wish parents worked hard every night with their kids on home work so teachers didn't get all the blame, they do their job, do u??

Meadow Park is a fantastic school! Since attending there, our daughter's grades have gone up and she is now an honor roll student. She loves the teachers and we as parents really like them too and how they take a personal interest in our child.

I have just finished Meadow park today and i am heading off to sst next year i have to say this school was a very nice school to go to . They have had a pretty good reputation in the past for one of the best middle schools around so i would say send your child here to meadow park I have also have had some of the best times of my young 14 year old life in meadow park.

Last modified Meadow Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.