Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have never been bullied and I don't know anyone who has but I have friends of friends who tell me that the counselor helped them.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Many of the teachers help you and are like second parents to you. With that kindness they will help you with whatever you need help with and won't stop until you understand it and many of my teachers knew how to teacher effectively and I would easily catch on without help.

Amount of homework: Neutral

The teachers always help go over the lesson in class and help you understand it so that for the homework they assign is understandable and you don't have any problems.

I would have to say that the school does an okay job with their education. They treat us students as their own children and look out for us and only have our best interests at heart even if it is tough loving. Its a great school for disabled children as well because most of them I've seen have made some friends and are included though various activities and I've never seen them bullied. The teachers also are very kind to them as well. Overall its a pretty great school. The only thing is the water has lead poisoning so you can't drink out of there but luckily they've supplied us with Water dispensers and cups to get water if were thirsty.

Great school, great teachers and a great principal. Anytime I have a question I get a prompt answer. This school does care about your child and their future. My son is in the sped program and has excelled academically since attending this school. Highly recommended for all students. :)

They have lots of after school activities

I have had a very similar experience this year. There appears to be an overall theme that the kids are at fault for whatEVER takes place. Of course, this is very teacher-dependent. We have had a great experience with the art teacher, the band teacher, and a math teacher. But, there is an underlying 'mood' around that negative experiences are the fault of the kids rather than the adult teachers taking responsibility for how to motivate students and interest them in learning. There is a ridiculous amount of attention and exaggerated importance placed on very small 'behavior problems' that are typical of this age group. Get creative people!

I am very impressed with Highland Park. The teachers and administration really seem to care about the students. Everyone I have met is friendly. The parents are willing to volunteer which is important. The band program is excellent.

I'm incredibly sorry that I ever sent my children to this school. The principal is apathetic and uninterested in the children and the atmosphere is contrary to parental involvement. While there are some excellent teachers there are also some who are still behaving like students themselves. They're sure all parents are uninvolved and inept and take the approach that all students will behave badly.

Highland Park is a wonderful School! The teachers are excellent and make learning fun! I highly recommend that if you have a chance to go to Highland Park, take it. The counselors and teachers really want the kids to have an enjoyable experience yet still complete all the academics involoved.

Last modified Highland Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.