Whitford Middle School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
My child attended this school for three years and it was a nightmare. Most of the teachers dont care about the students and ignore bullying happening right in front of them. My child was harassed and bullied all three years there and hated it. I have talked to several other parents who have had the same experience. BSD doesn't care and wont help you either. I know of 4 other parents that moved just to get their kid(s) out of this school. It is a terrible school.

Posted November 13, 2010
I actually currently go here, but I am in an advanced program called Summa South Academy which is within the school. I love this school and the teachers are fantastic. Most of the teachers don't simply teach, but they teach you how to learn. They want you to succeed in life and want to help with anything they can. The teachers encourage questions and are always willing to help. The school is over forty years old but we are all trying our best to make this a green school. Over all, I give this school a big thumbs up!

Whitford Middle School 3

Posted October 15, 2010
The principal leadership at this school is strong and progressive. I found that the majority of teachers are also active educators with a passion for teaching. There are some teachers who really shouldn't be teaching anymore. They've lost their passion for the job and are relying upon their tenure status to carry them through to retirement. This was not my first choice school for my child, but we didn't win the lottery and so we are attending Whitford. The culture is a little shocking for the parent who 3 months ago had a child in elementary school. Middle School is a big change and it seems to come about quickly at Whitford. I'm not completely thrilled with the school and have implemented substantial inquiry support at home (as the class sizes are just too big to teach to anyone beyond the mid-low range). They want to be better...but resources aren't there.

Posted April 16, 2010
It's my middle school (although then it was a junior high school) alma mater, and some of the best teachers I ever had were at Whitford.

Whitford Middle School 3

Posted April 09, 2010
The school does a decent job of educating, which is certainly important, but does nothing to eradicate bullying, which is running rampant at this school. While there are 'policies and procedures' for indiviual incidents, nothing is being done about the continual pattern of bullying by a group of thugs that are allowed to push others around both physically and mentally.

Whitford Middle School 4

Posted April 28, 2009
Overall, I have been quite happy with this school. I would like to see more homework assistance, as I believe many students struggle in this area and I would have liked to have seen homework club go thru the end of the year. Also, the adminstration changes have been a bit frustrating, I adored Mr.Dahl, I think he was right on level with the students and while firm, they respected him and he was easy to communicate with. Also, teachers like Mr.Dery and Mr.Seig and Ms.Matthews, and others make the middle school experience a little nicer and add some fun to an often akward transitional time for students.

Whitford Middle School 0

Posted November 11, 2008
The teaching at this school is fokay, but the way they let kids act is horrible. I have recently been bullied and informed all of my teachers about it and they've done nothing to help. So the bullying at that school is horrible, but the teaching is good.

Whitford Middle School 0

Posted October 21, 2008
the best school around and they have like the best band and drama teacher mr.dairy

Posted October 18, 2008
This school is a great school with lots of fun activities.

Posted October 08, 2008

Whitford Middle School
7935 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Beaverton, OR  97008
Last modified Whitford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitford Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.