Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I'm currently a Sophomore at Aloha. While it is really sad that you can still find drugs/alcohol at school, you can find it at ANY school if you look hard enough. Yes, I have heard of people using, but have never seen it first-hand. Why? Because I don't look into joining in on it. The people who are giving bad safety reviews are the ones trying to find trouble or find bad influences. I feel totally safe at Aloha and I love the environment. I am learning and also having fun at the same time. Their spirit is high. I am very thankful to be there. I went to Southridge High last year, and while it is considered one of the better schools in the area, I really disliked it so I transfered. The teachers at Southridge were unmotivated and the students were "checked out." It is extremely hard to find friends at Southridge because everyone sticks to themselves or their established friends. It's like no one wants to be there. The vibe of that school is very dull while Aloha feels like a home. So often a person's experience is what he/she puts into it. That's true at Aloha. If I personally had to rate the school I would give it an 8/10. I honestly don't understand why the ratings are so low. The education is great. The teachers are motivated. The sports and music programs are as good as anywhere. I'm hoping to keep my inter-district transfer and graduate from Aloha.

My little sister is in school there and she has had the worst time here the gym teather is extremely difficult with students and she has been bullied more times then middle school. I went there for half a semester and felt it was in my best health to leave went back to Beaverton high school.

My son is adhd and on a 504 plan. The school let's kids skip class and go across the street to learn how to smoke cigarettes. They don't care if the kids are in class and some are hiding behind the school selling drugs and smoking. I have contained to the principal and counselor. The school doesn't monitor the computer activities from students and some are selling drugs using laps provided by the school district and no lock out of adult sites. The students are on Facebook and snap chat and more. The school has not checked the history of the laptops. Worst school ever.

Great community and great teachers! Always helping students and the school is clean also! The Best school I've ever attended!

This has been the best school for my 2013 Graduate. My 14 year old will be a freshman this fall, and my 11 year old will follow suit in a few years.

I disagree with your 5/10 rating putting Aloha behind Beaverton and Sunset. Aloha has the best AP classes in the whole district. The staff, students, and the community are wonderful. Aloha is really invested in our kids future. There aren't scary gangs or lots of drugs either as some people think. Its a great school.

I'm a senior in the class of 2010 and I've found Aloha to be a great experience. I took a math class at another high school as an 8th grader to get a leg up on my studies and found it to be a very scary (and in my case, violent) experience. But my first day at aloha a 7 foot tall senior that people at other schools would (racistly) judge to be a gang member walked up to me and said 'you look lost, need any help?' and explained the hall system at aloha and the best way to get around. i find it interesting that people commend the kind of students who would shove a kid against a wall and spit on his jacket but judge and condemn the kind of students who would assist a student they don't even know.

It is a school with so much diversity and so much to offer our kids!

Aloha is an amazing school. It is a school that helps its community in ways that are not seen. IT is a school that takes pride in all it does. Whether win lose or draw you can bet that these kids are a class act. It is the lowest socio-economic high school in the district but it still does well. The class of 2009 graduated with the awarding of over 7 million dollars in scholarships. This school gives and gives even though we are not the richest school in town. These students raise money to help one of its own through the sparrow project. They adopt over 20 families during the holidays, They raise thousands of dollars for Doernbecher's children hospital. These are the things that people do not hear about. What this school teaches about community at large cannot be measured in school grades.

The sense of community is so strong- amazing staff and amazing kids!

Last modified Aloha High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.