Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Neutral

Very little homework, but my son is challenged at school and receiving a great education. It is easy on us since we are involved in extra activities outside of school.

I was a little apprehensive when we purchased our home in the area and had to transfer our son to Greenway Elementary. But this is what i know so far. The school is clean and well organized. The teacher is great and my son is happy. He is doing well and is in advance math. The security is good. You can not walk through without being buzzed in directly to the office. The office staff seems competent, although I do not like the number of parents that seem to be there each morning. The only negatives I can give is not the fault of Greenway personnel, but of Beaverton School district as a whole. There appears to be WAY too much catering to the Spanish speaking population and not enough attention to the rest of the culture that makes up the demographics of the children attending this school. The playground has been delayed 4 months beyond its complete date and still under construction. The school office, and classroom furniture is dated. I feel this school has gotten a bad rap due to Title One assigned to it and the social-economic challenges of the apartment dwellers in the school zone. My son is thriving and that is why I give Greenway 4 stars.

My son is on his 3rd teacher of the year. He had a great teacher when he started. Then he had another teacher, who was also great. He was able to identify with the kids and you could tell he really enjoyed what he does. My son was learning every minute of the school day and he was happy, as were the other children in his class. However, that was short lived. Third month into school and we were notified that effective immediately they would have another new teacher. We were not given any advance notice of this change, even though it was obvious that this decision was made early on. The teacher the class has now, has no real experience teaching 3rd graders and just finished her student teaching with a 5th grade class. There is quite a bit of difference between 3rd and 5th graders. We have no idea why the principal would take away such a great teacher. Our son doesn't seem to be learning much (maybe it's because his teacher should be teaching 5th grade). Not to mention he seems bored and unhappy. This is not the best school year and we are considering other options for next year.

My concern with Greenway is the lack of security. I can walk into the school to a classroom and no one noticed me. crazy!

This is a excellent example of a school full of people that just go to work and clock in and out...dont care about the kids or parents needs or feelings...people that just look at this like a job to get paid...my kids went to different school for the head start program and it was an amazing experience, my kids were really excited about starting school in Greenway ...now I cannot wait for the school year to be over and move my kids out...like the other review said..staff is really rude and the kindergarten teacher have a lack of skills for being a teacher and to talk to parents...So good luck to the future students

I feel compelled to comment about Greenway after reading some of the comments on here. I have a daughter in 2nd grade. We have had 3 different teachers at Greenway and they have all been wonderful. I know that one of the Kindergarten teachers is not easy for parents to talk to but she is amazing with the kids. I spent time in her class on a weekly basis and her awkward nature with parents disappears. To this day she is my daughter's favorite teacher. We are a small, high poverty school. We struggle with funding and parent involvement. We are also a nationally recognized Title 1 school with the highest rating the state can give a school. I love it there, the teachers and office staff have always been helpful to me.

The office staff is rude and disorganized. The teacher (K) has poor and ineffectual communication skills as well as being obtuse about the children in her class. I cannot wait to move to a new school district. Greenway Elementary is a nightmare.

My son transfered out after kindergarten and we moved to keep our son from returning to this school. While I can say great things about the PTO, I think a school can only be as good as the principal and the principal is ruining it. I notice the good reviews seem to be about a time before the current principal was there.

This was a fantastic school for my son, who's now in high school. His teachers saw right away how bright he was, and got him into the TAG program. His teachers, 1st-5th grades, saw he needed to be challenged, and made sure he was given the higher level work. They really fed his curiosity. He really thrived there and gave him the foundation to get into a challenging middle school, and is now in the National Honor Society. The teaching staff is super dedicated!

I have one child attending this school and can't really say anything is wrong or spectacular about it. They do have awesome parent involvement and fundraising opportunities. The PTO is great, but in need of assistance. The office staff is alright, but a bit flaky. Unfortunately, I had such a spectacular experience at our previous elementary school, it's hard to adjust.

Last modified Greenway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.