Beaverton, OR

Posted June 10, 2014
My concern with Greenway is the lack of security. I can walk into the school to a classroom and no one noticed me. crazy!

Posted February 06, 2014
This is a excellent example of a school full of people that just go to work and clock in and out...dont care about the kids or parents needs or feelings...people that just look at this like a job to get paid...my kids went to different school for the head start program and it was an amazing experience, my kids were really excited about starting school in Greenway ...now I cannot wait for the school year to be over and move my kids out...like the other review said..staff is really rude and the kindergarten teacher have a lack of skills for being a teacher and to talk to parents...So good luck to the future students

Posted October 18, 2013
I feel compelled to comment about Greenway after reading some of the comments on here. I have a daughter in 2nd grade. We have had 3 different teachers at Greenway and they have all been wonderful. I know that one of the Kindergarten teachers is not easy for parents to talk to but she is amazing with the kids. I spent time in her class on a weekly basis and her awkward nature with parents disappears. To this day she is my daughter's favorite teacher. We are a small, high poverty school. We struggle with funding and parent involvement. We are also a nationally recognized Title 1 school with the highest rating the state can give a school. I love it there, the teachers and office staff have always been helpful to me.

Posted October 09, 2013
The office staff is rude and disorganized. The teacher (K) has poor and ineffectual communication skills as well as being obtuse about the children in her class. I cannot wait to move to a new school district. Greenway Elementary is a nightmare.

Greenway Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
My son transfered out after kindergarten and we moved to keep our son from returning to this school. While I can say great things about the PTO, I think a school can only be as good as the principal and the principal is ruining it. I notice the good reviews seem to be about a time before the current principal was there.

Posted October 07, 2010
This was a fantastic school for my son, who's now in high school. His teachers saw right away how bright he was, and got him into the TAG program. His teachers, 1st-5th grades, saw he needed to be challenged, and made sure he was given the higher level work. They really fed his curiosity. He really thrived there and gave him the foundation to get into a challenging middle school, and is now in the National Honor Society. The teaching staff is super dedicated!

Greenway Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
I have one child attending this school and can't really say anything is wrong or spectacular about it. They do have awesome parent involvement and fundraising opportunities. The PTO is great, but in need of assistance. The office staff is alright, but a bit flaky. Unfortunately, I had such a spectacular experience at our previous elementary school, it's hard to adjust.

Posted October 27, 2009
My children attended this school from K-4th grade. While the first three years were amazing, the entire environment changed when the current principal took over. The PTO begs for help, and the teachers are not invested. We had several problems with the school bullies and were told that if we didn't like it to leave. What does this teach our kids. Needless to say, we have moved on are are now very happy.

Posted April 03, 2009
My daughters have both been through Greenway with the youngest going into Conestoga next year. I chose and applied for open enrollment to keep my kids in this school. It is a diverse school yet offers a small community feel. This part of Beaverton does not have a lot of new construction growth so it maintains a solid school boundary area with consistancy. Volunteering and knowing the staff of any schools makes the difference.

Posted January 16, 2009
My daughter started kindergarten last year at Greenway. The class size was a bit of concern at first but they have plenty of aides due to the class size. As such, my daughter is making excellent progress. We have weekly homework to work on the weekends and the 'Friday Envelope' contains the news and school letters. Parent involvement seems to be very high. The principal seems to be very engaged, teachers are well trained. Office staff are very courteous and helpful. The class is really diverse. Many kids are ESL students and this gives other kids to learn a bit of second lauguage such as Spanish. Overall I think this is a great school.

Greenway Elementary School
9150 SW Downing Dr, Beaverton, OR  97008
Last modified Greenway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenway Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top