Beaverton, OR
After care: No

Posted November 19, 2013
ASA is the best elementary school in the Beaverton area. When our first child was nearing kindergarten age, we looked at all the primary schools in Beaverton. ASA was the most appealing, with its excellent student/teacher ratio, its superb Montessori Preschool and Kindergarten, its approach to educating the whole person, engaging staff, healthy Christian atmosphere, affordable tuition, and real sense of community. The ASA student body is multiethnic, and parents of various faiths send their children to the school. All 4 of my school-aged children attend ASA now, and I have no reservations about recommending the school. My preschooler identifies the continents, my Kindergartener reads Dr. Seuss, my second grader writes 5-page stories and my third grader knows how to conjugate verbs in Latin and. That's ASA. The only drawback to the school, to my mind, is that it currently only teaches classes through the 4th grade. But it's still a young school, and there are plans to add a grade for the 2014-2015 school year. All in all, I couldn't imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Posted November 14, 2013
If you have not yet considered & visited ASA, you really must. We send our 4 children there & I cannot say enough wonderful things about the positive effect it has had on them academically & personally. Small class sizes (currently 1:10-13) provide lots of individual attention. Children excel in their strengths & interests & get the gentle encouragement & extra help when they need it. The PreK/K Montessori program is outstanding, teaching practical life skills, math, reading, science, & fostering a love & appreciation for beauty & desire for learning. These principles are enriched & carried through the successive grades by amazingly talented teachers. They have Music 3 TIMES A WEEK as part of a comprehensive music program. My 2nd & 3rd graders are learning how to site read, write their own compositions & harmonize. PreK comes home, not just singing songs, but talking about who wrote them & even about why they were written. They have Art once a week. Daily recess is split into morning & afternoon recess. These breaks really help the kids return to the classroom more focused. They also learn Greek & Latin which they love & absorb quickly. Our kids love it there & so do we!

Posted November 14, 2013
What an amazing place! The teachers and staff are warm and amazing with children. There is a real sense of community and excitement from the parents. Two of my children attend and it is a joy to watch them excel in the challenging programs and create friendships that will last a lifetime. The school surpasses national scores and offers PE, Greek, Latin, Music, Art and more. ASA is truly an exceptional school.

Posted November 14, 2013
As an educator who has worked in a variety of schools and organizations, I can say that ASA is one of the best I've ever seen! The high level of professional knowledge, curriculum offerings, and expertise of the staff are impressive, and given the small size the school, quite exceptional. Since we focus on the whole child and maintain small class sizes, our students feel nurtured and supported, like they are part of a family. I can't even begin to say what a difference 14 children in a class (instead of 30) can make for the teacher and students! Our students excel academically as a result, and many graduate Agia Sophia Academy not just prepared for middle school, but even ahead! We welcome visitors to our classrooms at any time, so please call to schedule a visit!

Posted November 14, 2013
My school is amazing! We have loved being a part of this community over the years. The teachers go out of their way to help the children. It is obvious that they love what they do and that they love their students. I feel as if they have gone out of their way to help my children. Also, ASA has an excellent "specials" classes- Latin for 2nd graders and up, Greek for all children Art for Kinder through 5th Grade (one day a week with a fabulous Art teacher), Music three days a week (our piano teacher is very impressed with my child's knowledge of music from his school experience), and PE three days a week. Please, if you are even slightly thinking about this school make an appointment and come see what they have to offer!!!

Posted August 08, 2012
My two boys attend ASA and I am incredibly happy with the positive experience they have gained so far. The teachers are amazing and they are very dedicated to the children s success academically, socially and spiritually. The individualized attention my boys get is priceless and the community support is second to none. ASA is an amazing school!

Posted June 03, 2010
Having been a part of the "ASA" community for at least four years I find that the teachers are first rate and very professional. The school successfully educates the whole child (mind, body, and spirit). I have experience with both programs (Montessori preschool and Elementary classroom) and am completely and totally satisfied with how my children are learning and what my children are learning. I am also an educator and would highly, highly recommend this school.

Agia Sophia Academy 0

Posted February 24, 2010
It is the best school based on safety,curriculum,activities and discipline.We love it !

Posted November 12, 2009
ASA is a wonderful private school. My 3 children all attend, and I am amazed at what they have so happily achieved over the past several years. The staff is caring and compassionate, the elementary curriculum is advanced enough to challenge without overwhelming, and PE, languages, music and art are all weekly regulars. The Montessori pre-K/K class is especially incredible. My kids are so enthusiastic about what they are learning and how they are taught they readily, extend their skills into the home setting. Doing math and spelling just for fun, speaking Greek and writing music all happen at our house thanks to ASA.

Posted November 10, 2009
In times where the public schools are cutting programs, ASA is a rare gem. Not only to they offer the core subjects in a wonderful hands-on & interactive way, but they still make time for Music & Physical Education 3-times a week! Plus my daughters are learning Greek & Latin.

Agia Sophia Academy