Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

I feel that this school develops an individual for real world situations and concepts that otherwise cause an individual to be reliant and dependent in other school.

The faculty have always held strong interests in the students learning and what they want to learn. Determined on the fact that students are responsible for their own learning, through the knowledge that teachers simply provide the information and explain real world scenarios of how it applies. As an ex-student from this school and a couple years away from the founding students, I spent all four years of highschool here. More specifically, I was able to recognize my own style of learning and time management. This school isn't for everyone, as you can tell from other reviews that complain about stricter deadlines and management developmental failure. I'm a successful senior at a four-year liberal arts university. So if you want a solid foundation for collegiate time management and real world education, then I highly recommend this school.

My son is in his first year here at HS2, he's a 6th grader and it's exactly the right school for him. He loves going to school and he is learning so much from his teachers, who definitely care about their students. The principal is awesome. My son loves his art and science classes, where he gets to do all kinds of "cool stuff." I especially like that he can attend this school all the way through his 12th grade year. I am confident that he will be prepared for college. I'm hoping when my 3rd grader starts middle school, that he will want to attend HS2 as well.

Don't listen to the so-called ex-students on here. It's a great school! As far being prepared for college, you are but if YOU choose not to do your work once you're in college, that' your fault, not the schools. My son loves going there and I love that it's a small school and not a "swallow you up it's so big" school that seem to be growing in this country. His teachers are nice and fair with school work. He has had no problem with any other student either. I recommend this school as an alternative to huge high schools. Having gone to monster high school where they really don't care, I can tell these ex-students they don't know how good they had it! 5 stars

The teachers really get to know their students. My daughters learned a lot and exceeded on all state tests

I don't know why they have such bad reviews, but this school has been great. I've been going to this school since 6th grade (2011) and even though they changed the schedule a twice it's been the same the past four years. Now I'm in 10th grade and I have to say that they have great high school program. This school provides opportunities to volunteer, be an intern, and participate in programs. I also love the fact that by Sophomore year the student gets to choose between the Engineering program or the Human Body Systems program (it's more in depth about Biology). I was blessed to participate in their Lewis & Clark Science League Program, Tualatin Fire & Valley Rescue Program, Kaiser Medical Explorers Program and Red Cross Volunteering. As long as the student has a passion for learning and gets good grades, it's very easy to apply and be accepted. The staff is also great. All my teachers have been helpful and encourage the students to learn. In my years here only one teacher stood out as negative and as a result was fired. Overall, this school is great!

I was a student at this school from 6th grade to 10th grade (in the first group that could go all the way through from middle to high school) the school was very strong for the first 3 years. We had strong teachers, spirit, and leadership in the administration. Then freshman year rolled around and a huge portion of our teachers were either moved to different schools, or laid off because of a district ruling. This led to a massive loss in morale, and brought in some new teachers that i have yet to see surpassed in the inability to connect with the students or follow the grading system. Freshman year went by and the loyal group of middle schoolers had become worn out and lost their hope for the school. Sophmore year led to a teacher who took half of the hard working class from high GPAs to medium Gpas, because she had control of two of the classes and could link the grades (two Fs at once if you failed) and the administration did nothing. Maybe they had no power, if so i was never told. The school offered so much (dual credit, college readiness, and a sense of community) it delivered on only the community; a community that was united by the knowledge we had been lied to.

I was previously a student at this school, and it got so awful I had to transfer to my regular high school. I attended HS2 for 5 year, and it was the worst educational experience I ever had. Every year since 6th grade the curriculum changed, and made it nearly impossible to understand what was going on both in the school as a whole and in individual classes. There are no lockers, and many times I've complained to my doctor about back pain as a result. There are no deadlines, and it creates a terrible work ethic and does not prepare you for college at all. The school is a maze, its extremely difficult to get around, and most classrooms have no windows, giving it the feel of a prison. The classes have no structure, to this day I have holes in my math knowledge. The teachers have no connections with the students and many times I've had teachers that are not qualified for their jobs and do not know how to teach students. Even the "Health and Science" part is useless, as the engineering program is flawed and constantly changing and the medical program is underfunded despite the "grants" our school always tells us that we have been awarded. Please do not attend this school.

This school is amazing! I can't believe some of the things that I've read on this site about the school. The start time is early but guess what? Sometimes you have to start work early too. The teachers and administration really care about the students. I have been very impressed with the student/staff interactions that I have seen. As far as academics, I don't think that they're lacking. My childs math teacher approached us about moving our child ahead a grade in math and even though our child didn't pass, the teacher has offered to put together the few things our child needs to learn in order to be where our child wants to be in the fall. The only complaint I have as far as this school is lack of parent involvement. It's very difficult to get parents to volunteer, attend activities, etc. I think that if more parents were involved they'd see what a great school this really is!

I attended HS2 several years ago, and went immediately to a four-year university in their honors program afterwards. Yet I will say this flat-out: HS2 does not prepare students for college! Not in the slightest! I completely floundered during my freshman year because I hadn't been prepared for tests, due dates, regular homework, etc. I had to teach myself the skills I should've been taught before coming to college. Now don't get me wrong, I loved HS2 when I was a student there. I loved it because I could get A's in classes like Precalculus without being able to do any of the work myself. I loved that I could slack off and have no penalties for my laziness. I loved that the school's grading system confused my parents enough that I could get away with said laziness. But just because HS2 makes it easier to get a high school diploma doesn't mean it's college-preparatory. Send your kid to a real high school if you want them to succeed after graduation. "Self-governing education" is a joke and nothing but an excuse for students to be able to slack off and get A's for it.

Last modified Health & Science School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12