PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Cascades Academy of Central Oregon 1

Posted May 26, 2016
As a student who spent nine years at Cascades Academy (kindergarten through eighth grade), I can attest to the fact that switching schools was one of the most liberating and rejuvenating experiences of my life. My experience in middle school was probably the worst of it; the teachers were (and still are, according to my younger brother) unorganized and didn't hesitate to blatantly display favoritism. The school's language classes are so ineffective that many students who switch schools after eighth grade return to Spanish 1 at the start of high school; looking back, I am astonished at how little I learned in class and how much I had to learn on my own. While the workload is generally high, the teachers fail to engage students, leaving them unmotivated and disinterested. If I remember correctly, three of the people in my eighth grade English class actually read the assigned reading (the rest used Sparknotes/its alternatives). There is an immense lack of opportunity for social development, and the lack of diversity (in terms of everything: people, class options, etc...) leaves one feeling rather isolated. Overall, if you're interested in Cascades Academy, I would suggest you do yourself a favor by finding a school that will provide truly enriched learning with more options in terms of social opportunity, educational specificity, and community involvement.

Posted July 11, 2014
You know you've found a great school when the kids are happy to be there and are engaged in their lessons. That's the way it was for us when our daughter started middle school at Cascades Academy three years ago. She just finished 8th grade there and I'm pleased to say it has been a positive experience for the whole family. The teachers at Cascades Academy truly care about the students and they go above and beyond to make sure each kid is getting what he or she needs to succeed. I recommend Cascades Academy to any family looking for an exceptional education for their child.

Posted November 07, 2013
Cascades Academy is that rare find of a school that provides a wonderful, warm, inviting community, top-notch academics, and life experiences beyond compare. My child will be prepared academically for college and beyond which is important. But even more important to me is that my child is a better young man because of his experiences at this school. He is learning how to be a good friend, a role model, a risk taker, a leader, a collaborator, a team player, a critical thinker, a problem solver, and a compassionate, involved citizen. Our kids are our greatest assets. I am grateful to have such a talented and caring team of teachers help mold and influence my son.

Posted October 21, 2013
Cascades Academy is an incredible school, the academics are top shelf, the new 21-acre campus is beautiful and inspiring, and the teachers know, support and challenge their students, But first and foremost this school is about community: the students, parents, faculty and staff are all dedicated to making the school an amazing place. The commitment to community extends beyond the school into our community and world. I cannot say enough good things about Cascades Academy.

Posted October 17, 2013
We could not be happier with the location, programs, staff and genuine care for our kids. Cascades Academy is truly a top notch school!

Posted September 23, 2013
Cascades Academy is a truly wonderful school that provides an excellent education, an amazing learning environment, and, as Steve Jobs would say, "Insanely Great" teachers and staff! Students, parents, teachers and staff are very passionate about this incredible school, set on 21 acres of gorgeous land right across from Tumalo State park. The teachers, the curriculum, the brand-new sustainably-designed campus....all top-notch. A++ all around!

Posted January 22, 2012
Cascade Academy of Central Oregon is, by far, the best school my children have ever attended. They are excited each and every day about heading out the door to see what fun learning adventure they might have that day. We've attended several schools around the world and CACO is the most challenging and engaging of them all. The teachers truly care about the students.

Posted June 30, 2011
I come from a family of public school educators who all care deeply about our children's future and strive to give them the best education possible. But they are handcuffed by bureaucracy. The same is true with other schools who have signed on to externally controlled "branded" programs. CACO epitomizes the best of independent education--a talented faculty and staff who are energized by their ability to focus on teaching rather than red tape, engaged students who truly care about each other, a fun and engaging parent community which is treated as a partner rather than a bother. I could go on and on about the strong academics, the experiential learning and the breadth of the program, but most important to me is to remember that my child spends almost half his waking hours at school. I want a school that will be a partner in raising my child, and I found that school at CACO. Academics and extra-curriculars are necessary, but they are not sufficient. The culture of the school and the sense of community is equally as important--and the CACO community rocks!

Posted March 04, 2011
My oldest daughter went to CACO from the time it opened until last year. When we first enrolled and told them that we were limited financially, I was told "we will meet you financially with whatever you can afford". Not only were they good on their word, they have continued to support us, and so many other families that would otherwise not be able to send their children to this wonderful school. You know a school is GREAT when the students don't want to leave and when each teacher knows how to motivate and help each and every student. My youngest daughter currently attends CACO (she has attended since kindergarten) and absolutely loves it. Storyline method in the lower school, travel school, ski lessons, experiential learning, community service - who could ask for anything more!

Posted February 01, 2011
I have been a student here at cascades academy for half a year and am already pushing my limits in order to get all the homework done. The students you might find to be very annoying and constant need for attention but, that doesn't mean that they are bad students... It just means that they might get on your nerves. This is by far the most challenging and fun school i have ever been to. And occasionally, they go on outing like for example, you go out into the middle of the forest to write a poem. They also go skiing on thursdays after winter break and through the ski season! For P.E., we go to places like the boys and girls club to play a variety of sports, then we go to the ice skating rink on fridays, and somtimes even take hikes through the woods or play commando. Every year there is a confluence trip to latgawa washington in order to do a variety of thing from forming frienships to playing flashlight tag. We also have electives on friday like for example, cooking, drumming, guitar, tech, and art. But finally, in the late school year, we get to go to traveling school where we travel across the country to famous landmarks and national parks!!!

Cascades Academy of Central Oregon
19860 Tumalo Reservoir Road, Bend, OR  97701
Last modified Cascades Academy of Central Oregon is a Private school that serves grades PK-12