Bend, OR

Posted March 03, 2014
I called to see if I could find a time to tour the school and ask some questions. I spoke with Denise, who answered the phone, and she was lovely! After being shut down at another school because we had missed the informational sessions (which we didn't know about because we just moved to town), Denise really listened to what I was looking for, and then found a tour that would work for me at a time that would work for me (my husband and I both work). Thank you Denise for being so nice!

Posted August 30, 2012
I have two kids (and a third will start next year) who go to High Lakes and we love it. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Teachers are awesome and go out of their way to help your child. We are so happy we came here!

High Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2011
My child has attended High Lakes for 5 years now, and in my opinion the school is getting worse instead of better. The gossip about teachers and staff from other teachers and staff is unfathamable. I've never heard such things said about a co-worker such as I have here. They are also a very arrogant school. From parents to students. Where you stand in the community determines how you fit in at the school. Very sad for those who are less fortunate than others. They also believe in giving kids something for nothing. Instead of fundraising and kids earning their rewards, each parent is asked to donate 125 dollars per child at the school to pay for the things the fundraising events would of. Just a very sad socail enviornment for kids. Needless to say my son got an in- disrtrict transsfer and will not be attending highlakes.

Posted December 15, 2010
Earned Oregon's top rating, "Outstanding" on the 2009-10 Oregon Department of Education State School Report Card. Only 37% of Oregon schools earned the same rating statewide.

Posted March 07, 2010
My husband an I work from home and can live anywhere in the US. We looked all around the country and hand picked High Lakes for our children. We moved to Oregon from another state just so our kids could attend High Lakes. The school has exceeded our expectations. The PTA is extremely active, the principal is 'hands on' and the teachers are very hard working. Classrooms are student centered. I could go on and on. KP

Posted May 23, 2008

Posted July 15, 2007
We moved to this district just to have our children attend there. Great teachers , wonderful staff, and fabulous PTA. The families of the students really care about the school and help out financially and with their time so much.

Posted March 27, 2007
We are very pleased with High Lakes. Our son is in 3rd grade. His teacher Karen Schlaich is amazing how she is able to tend to each child's individual needs. Her encouragement and instruction has been a wonderful influence on our son's education. The Principal and Vice Principal, Stephen Hill and Susan Heberlein are very approachable and always available. Their focus on reading is key. Overall High Lakes has a very high parent and community involvement adding to the success of this school. Because of the success of this school it has grown rapidly, I hope the school will be able to accommodate this growth without jeopardizing its quality. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this school.

High Lakes Elementary School
2500 NW High Lakes Lp, Bend, OR  97701
Last modified High Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Lakes Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top