Bend, OR

Posted March 14, 2015
This is an awesome middle school. My child has been pushed academically and also finds a safe social climate. The school offers many great experiences not only academically, but offers anti- bullying workshops, fun field trips and clubs for students to be involved in.

Posted March 01, 2015
Cascade Middle School is every parent's worst nightmare. The first week of school my daughter s hurt her ankle while out running with the cross-country team. The coach assumed she was faking and left her to run back to school alone even after she said she didn't know how to get there. She was picked up on the side of the road by a strange man who returned her to school. Nothing was done about it. My daughter who is half Chinese, also experienced severe bullying crossed over into social media. Kids were telling her to kill herself and teasing her about her ethnicity. She was even been attacked by 5 boys at once, leaving her ribs severely bruised. I found out later, the school counselor knew about the online bullying and hadn t told me. He claimed he didn't want to violate her rights by telling me (by law he had to tell me). The VP said that online bullying isn t their responsibility. I told the VP it was happening on campus and he dismissed me. At the end of the year all of the yearbooks that were published had to be pulled because children had inserted racist slurs that that went to print. I do not recommend this school for any family.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 03, 2014
This was by far the worst school I have ever experienced. Many of the teachers do not know how to teach. They simply don't care. The students are out of control, making life impossible for the teachers. One example of this was when the school pulled the yearbooks because they had been defaced by hackers at the end of the 2014 school year. There were also a few students who seemed to love putting people down and making them feel miserable about themselves. Probably the worst thing was that many of the teachers do not help their students. In other words, when you ask for help the teachers simply won't care. In retrospect, there were a few great teachers (To name a few) and most of the students were actually very nice kids. I especially liked the principle and counselors, because they did care about the students. In conclusion, I had a terrible experience here. Though the hardworking teachers and students should not be overlooked, there is a general lack of teaching, discipline, and respect in the enviornment.

Posted January 25, 2014
Awesome! This school has changed immensely in the last 3 years. It has gone from a sterile environment to one rich in parent involvement and educational opportunities for all of the students. My child just participated in a anti-bullying workshop and said it was the best day of her life. Kudos to the administration and counseling department for arranging such an awesome event for kids.

Cascade Middle School 2

Posted October 04, 2013
So far this school is just one big teach to the test experience. Zero creativity. The principal is very attached to test scores and that sums up the school. Overcrowded and lots of busy work.

Cascade Middle School 3

Posted October 03, 2013
I went to Cascade Middle School for 3 years and it has its pro's and con's. First off, I want to say that the teachers can't all be generalized as good or bad. During my time there, a teacher bullied kids with weird smirks, negative comments and pure disrespect. This teacher gave students hours of busy work and homework and expected people to get things right without proper teaching. Another experience was when I had a very unpleasant experience with a teacher which ended up with students in their class moving to a different school and other students being completely disgruntled. In another year, it was great. I met real friends and still stay in contact with them. Bullying was a big issue and there were multiple accounts where I heard of people harming themselves in ways from bullying and the counselors did not help too much in trying to help those people as well as the principle. On average, the student to teacher ratio is 32 to 1 which is an extreme amount. Teachers were constantly helping and only focusing on the kids who were struggling. Overall, socially I had a 4/5 star time their while academically, I had a 2/5 to 3/5 star time there.

Posted September 30, 2011
How has this school gotten 4/5? The teachers are all lazy and unmotivated, the students just aren't very smart, everything is way to easy, they have no standards whatsoever, and over the whole year I learned pretty much everything I know at home. The teachers don't listen to complaints from students or parents, no one takes us seriously, and the whole school is painted like a gigantic taco bell.

Cascade Middle School 4

Posted June 14, 2011
3 days ago I graduated from this school, and throughout my whole experience here I have enjoyed it! The teachers are dedicated to helping students learn, and are more than happy to help if someone may need extra assistance. The academics are challenging without being too over whelming as well, and our new principal is really kind! As for the students, I was never a very popular kid, but the friends I did make were really genuine. One of the only down sides is that I have to leave for high school now :)

Posted December 15, 2010
Earned Oregon's top rating, "Outstanding" on the 2009-10 Oregon Department of Education State School Report Card. Only 37% of Oregon schools earned the same rating statewide.

Cascade Middle School

Posted April 21, 2010
Cascade MS is full of excellent and innovative teachers. The school offers several extra-curricular activities to broaden and ignite the thrill of learning among the students.

Cascade Middle School
19619 Mountaineer Wy, Bend, OR  97702
Last modified Cascade Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cascade Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top