Posted October 28, 2014
Great school, great teachers - excellent! We are very happy with the education that our child is receiving. The house system is a great way to make a big school seem smaller. A+

Posted October 24, 2014
This school is really bad. That is all I have to say. My son will be pulled as soon as possible.

Posted September 26, 2014
My daughter has spent two years at this school, and due to the constant bullying and lack of teachers and staff doing anything about it even after numerous complaints about the issues I have decided to enroll my daughter into the online k-12 program. The bullying has gotten so bad that my daughters grades are suffering for it. The bullying starts from the moment she gets on the bus in the morning until after she gets off the bus after school. Teachers there can be rude as well and often snap at my daughter when she complains about being bullied by kids during her classes etc..

Posted September 01, 2014
Most of the time I am afraid to go to school, some teachers can be rude and stereo type each student to have bad behavior. One of they things this school explains, is that it is a bully "free" zone. Yet I was bullied numerous times. Counseling is available, it seems as though know one cares. During class time Most teachers do not offer fun learning experience, Although, this school has done an "ok" job of introducing me to high school... I am still disappointed as most subjects are dull and not even remotely interesting to students.

Posted November 05, 2013
I am in my 8th grade year at HDMS and i LOVE it. i switched from PBMS last year and automatically my grades went up, i felt more accepted, and made a lot of new friends! HDMS has an excellent learning program and the teachers are amazing! I'm also in 8th grade jazz choir and it offers a lot of new learning experiences! Best school ever!

Posted March 14, 2013
My daughter has gone here all three years of middle school and is a straight A student. She has been continually challenged and almost all of the teachers I have encountered here are of high caliber. But the best thing about this school is there really doesn't seem to be any bullying, and they have a special program to welcome and support teach class of incoming 6th graders. This school is fabulous!

High Desert Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2012
I removed my child from this school due to the amount of nasty jelous girl drama. Some of the teachers were very nice, but definatly not worth the hassle.

Posted February 09, 2012
This school is amazing! The teachers are amazing, and help students to understand the subjects better. The teaching method is NOT dry and uninspiring. It is one of the best schools in Bend, with a fantastic athletic program. The students here are happy, and there are very few cases of bullying. The teachers here are all different, so, of course, their teaching methods are all different. Some teachers can be boring at times, or some can be fun and entertaining. There is a life skills department at HDMS, for kids with disabilities. HDMS is one of the best schools i have ever been to. Every kid that comes here will always turn out happy and successful. There have been many kids here who have come from bad experiences and only became stronger at this school. I would recommend this school to all parents moving to the Bend area. This school is fantastic!

Posted April 30, 2011
HDMS leaves a lot to be desired. The teaching method is dry and uninspiring. The kids have not had one field trip this year. The students are rarely on the computer. Absolutely no computer tech training. The faculty is full of excuses and their answer to any issues is "find another school". I would not recommend this school to anyone ever.

Posted March 30, 2011
This school is the best to go in Bend, Or. They have a great athletic program with coaches that spend time with each athlete. The teachers are good professional and nice. I've had two kids to go their and each of them turned into extraordinary young adults. I am very pleased with this school and recommend it to anyone with a child going into middle school!

High Desert Middle School
61000 Diamondback Ln, Bend, OR  97702
Last modified High Desert Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Desert Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top