Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Principle Brian Crook is a very disrespectful man towards my daughter. He is an adult bully, and we are pulling her out as soon as possible. A group of bullies set up my daughter to get expelled, and he actually expelled her. I can't believe him, he is incredibly mean spirited and power hungry. Worst school experience my kids have EVER had, and I am livid. He is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Can't pull her out soon enough, I'm taking this to the top in Oregon. Good luck if your child is bullied, they do NOTHING about it. Anti bullying policies are not practiced. If this school is your only choice, home school. They do NOTHING about bullies. Brian Crook is a HORRIBLE principle, and should have stuck to coaching. I can't say enough BRIAN CROOK IS AN ADULT BULLY, AND BULLIES CHILDREN.

Amount of homework: Disagree

66% proficiency in math is not good enough. Why are the kids so behind in math? This is ridiculous!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

NO, absolutely NOT!!!! The principle is an adult bully that takes his frustrations out on children.

Great school. Teachers are kind, helpful and seem to really love teaching. You will love this school.

Great school, great teachers - excellent! We are very happy with the education that our child is receiving. The house system is a great way to make a big school seem smaller. A+

This school is really bad. That is all I have to say. My son will be pulled as soon as possible.

My daughter has spent two years at this school, and due to the constant bullying and lack of teachers and staff doing anything about it even after numerous complaints about the issues I have decided to enroll my daughter into the online k-12 program. The bullying has gotten so bad that my daughters grades are suffering for it. The bullying starts from the moment she gets on the bus in the morning until after she gets off the bus after school. Teachers there can be rude as well and often snap at my daughter when she complains about being bullied by kids during her classes etc..

Most of the time I am afraid to go to school, some teachers can be rude and stereo type each student to have bad behavior. One of they things this school explains, is that it is a bully "free" zone. Yet I was bullied numerous times. Counseling is available, it seems as though know one cares. During class time Most teachers do not offer fun learning experience, Although, this school has done an "ok" job of introducing me to high school... I am still disappointed as most subjects are dull and not even remotely interesting to students.

I am in my 8th grade year at HDMS and i LOVE it. i switched from PBMS last year and automatically my grades went up, i felt more accepted, and made a lot of new friends! HDMS has an excellent learning program and the teachers are amazing! I'm also in 8th grade jazz choir and it offers a lot of new learning experiences! Best school ever!

My daughter has gone here all three years of middle school and is a straight A student. She has been continually challenged and almost all of the teachers I have encountered here are of high caliber. But the best thing about this school is there really doesn't seem to be any bullying, and they have a special program to welcome and support teach class of incoming 6th graders. This school is fabulous!

Last modified High Desert Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.