William E Miller Elementary School 5

Posted October 14, 2013
I cannot even begin to explain the positive impact this school has had on my daughter. We transferred here here mid year from another school in the district. What a difference!!! The front office staff, principal, vice principal, library, pe duty, lunch room, pe teacher, and classroom teachers are absolutely incredible. They truly care about the kids and it shows. My daughter is blossoming! For the first time in her life (she's in 5th grade now), she's making huge academic and social strides. She used to cry every single day and I got phone calls home at least once a week at her old school about her behavior, and amazingly, not one incident in 4th or 5th grade so far at Miller. She feels safe, validated, loved, and that she matters. I can't say enough good about Miller. Also, in regards to the bullying, there was an incident last year with a bully, and the situation was handled immediately, and with utmost professionalism and care by the entire staff and vice principal.

William E Miller Elementary School 3

Posted October 21, 2011
Overall, the teacher quality at Miller is excellent and my children have had good experiences here. That said, my son has also had bullying problems at the school, and spent a year in a class with students who were out of control. Despite the principal's attempts to work with the families of the "challenges", the rest of the students suffered the entire year because nothing material was done to change the classroom dynamic.

William E Miller Elementary School 1

Posted June 02, 2011
This school has so much bullying and principal has no control. My son had a terrible experience at this school.

William E Miller Elementary School 5

Posted May 18, 2011
LOVE IT!!! We moved to Bend and enrolled our 2nd grader in February (after 2 years of home school). Upon enrollment we were greeted by the Principal who also took us on a tour of the school (big surprise for ex-Californian's who could never even meet with a principal). Mrs. Hickmann has been a wonderful teacher. She made sure the transition mid-year from home school was smooth and easy and also made sure to help our son make new friends. This school is so great!!! The reading program and passport club (geography) are such cool ways to teach the kiddos. My son loves to go to school everyday.

William E Miller Elementary School
300 NW Crosby Dr, Bend, OR  97701
Last modified William E Miller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William E Miller Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top