Triangle Lake Charter School

Charter | K-12

Living in Blachly

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $166,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted February 9, 2012

I have attended Triangle Lake for the last two years and I have enjoyed the my time here. The staff at Triangle Lake cares about us which is a rare thing. Being a small school almost every body know every body which is nice and makes it a very friendly environment.

Posted February 9, 2012

I personally think that Triangle Lake Charter school is a great place for a student to attend. You will always feel welcome at this school, and every one will accept you for who you are. The classes challenge you and the staff here are exceptional. I have been going to this school since the sixth grade and it has only gotten better since it went charter. The extra money has allowed us to improve our technology and build a new weight room. I couldn't imagine going to any other school.

Posted February 9, 2012

What do you qualify as a good school? What are your main factors? There are so many good things about Triangle Lake; such as the staff, sports programs, and the family-like aura that occupies the halls even when the school is empty. I have been attending Triangle Lake since December 2005. I have seen all of the ups and downs in this community and I have to say that the level of drama and stress among the students and staff is lower than other schools. There is always help available, so students here tend to have a higher average GPA which can be a big boost of self confidence. My main point is that along with positive energy and satisfaction you will find determination in whatever it is you are trying to achieve. Another thing I would to mention is that country kids are the majority of this school...Most of us have grown up together. Not everyone fits in exactly, but everyone is accepted.

Posted February 9, 2012

I have been going to Triangle lake my whole life, in fact I've lived in this great community my whole life as well. I'm a Sophomore. It is truly a great place to go to school and live, the teachers are always willing to help , and since we don't have many kids we can get one on one time with them. The sports programs here have been thriving as well. I've played basketball for as long as i could and have had a blast! The people here are nice and everything is just perfect. I love living out here in the outdoors where we can virtually do anything we want, hunt, ride dirtbikes,fish, anything you want I just cant imagine myself at any other school, this is the one for me. Chase

Posted February 9, 2012

I've been going to Triangle Lake since the 6th grade and I honestly couldn't imagine going anywhere else. Everyone here makes you feel welcomed and comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to make sure that the students understand the material and it's not just some students that get help, it's anyone who asks or is struggling. Since Triangle Lake has become a charter school-which happened in the school year of 09-10-we've got many other kids that have come from bigger schools. They adapted well and I think all the students and staff members made them feel welcomed. Even with new students, each class is still fairly close. Triangle Lake is a great school all around.

Posted February 9, 2012

I am a student here at Triangle Lake since the third grade and sophmore now and I would just like to say, I love my school from the sports to the teachers to the staff. They are all very supportive and welcoming to anybody who is new, It's a very safe enviroment and we take care of our own. The sports here are great because wether we win or lose (but we usually win) we go out with our pride and know next time we'll do better, we never blame someone else for the loss; we only improve what we could be better. Our community is our family and we support each other through the good and the bad. And we pick eachother up through the tragedies and become stronger. The teachers here are all very supportive and take the time to help each student in the way that, that student will learn best. I love my school and I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

Posted February 9, 2012

I've been going to Triangle Lake since my 3rd grade year...so for about 7 years i have gone to this proud establishment. The teachers are amazing. Here they care about you and that really means alot to me. I play sports at this school and they proable have the best sports programs in our league also they have a wide selecton for a school our size.

Posted February 9, 2012

I have been attending Triangle Lake Charter School for all my life. So far I have come to notice that it's a pretty good school. I like coming to this school because its not that big and you get to know everyone and all your teachers and the teachers are really good at helping us reach our full potential. They help us before and after school when we don't understand things.This also is a great community where our school is and I would rather go here than some big school in town.

Posted February 9, 2012

I have been a student here at Triangle Lake Charter School my whole life, and I wouldn't change it for the world. It's amazing how much work and effort the staff put into helping the students achieve their goals and get their work done and how often the teachers give of their time to help each and every one of us. Most all the students that go to T-lake are fun to be around and respectful towards others, everybody knows everybody so no one gets left out! It's basically just like one big family. Triangle Lake is a wonderful outstanding school and anyone who gets the chance to be apart of it like I have would say the same thing.

Posted February 9, 2012

Well I can't say it's any worse than any other school. But there are quite a few little things I would change. The main thing to me, the no-music in most classes. Teachers don't always realize what effect music playing in your ear has to do on your study skills. I for one work a lot better and more focused on the assignment or project when I'm in my own world with music playing. The teachers are great but I don't like some of them. They're helpful most of the time, but not all of the time. I tend to get my paper 'lost' a lot in between, me turning into the box and the teacher grading the assignment. I've had to re-do a lot of assignments. I currently have a 66% in a class because a certain teacher lost one of my assignments that is worth a huge portion of my grade and won't admit he did, and won't let me make it up. Me and this teacher haven't 'got along' for just about the whole 8 yrs I've been attending Triangle Lake. I would recommend this school to people but personally want to find a new high school. I like it here, but there is too much drama between people, too much hate on outsiders.

Posted February 9, 2012

I am a Sophmore in high school and this is my first year here. I came from a kindda big school in Elmira and this was a big change for me. In Elmira people were always rude to me and b=never said anything nice. But when i can to T- Lake i felt welcome. The students here are nice and hardly ever say anything rude to me. The teachers are great here and are always willing to help you when you need it. T-lake is a great school to go to! Sincerly a student

Posted February 9, 2012

This school is the best and only school ill ever go to!!!!!!!!! The staff is Excellent .

Posted February 9, 2012

I have come to this school for about a year and a half and i would much rather be in Texas. but Carson is great- he gives me smarties.

Posted February 9, 2012

I've been going to this school for about a year now and i think it's a good school I'm more of a city kid but if you like the country this is the school for you it has a very good sports organization and the teachers are very nice like Mrs. Kara and Mrs.Brown.

Posted February 9, 2012

I have been going to this school for a year and a half now. I really like it and I think all the teachers are nice. They understand how you don't have that much time to get homework done, so they don't pile homework on you. The students here are very nice and don't bully you. Teachers can help you at pretty much anytime. Some of the work is a little too challenging but it makes it more fun. I love this school and feel like family here. I'm not saying everyone will, but at least I do. I think I'm going to go to this school until I graduate, and I hope everyone else will too.

Posted February 9, 2012

I have been going to triangle lake for seven years now and it has changed from a quiet school to a big loud school. I think it was fine the way it was untiil we went Charter - then it all changed now we have cool kids and not cool kids we should all be friends and not enemies. From a Seventh Grader

Posted February 9, 2012

This school is very different from other schols I've been to. I love the teachers here, they have helped me termendously for trying to graduate. I've been here for a couple of years and I like how small the classes are also you get the one-on-one you need. Although, Triangle Lake Charter School needs more bullying rules. However to me, they don't take it seriously enough to put the harasser in trouble. There are some staff members that are not very professional, since they don't always listen to the parents opinons. However, just because I don't like someone that works here, I love this school because some of the teachers are amazing!

Posted February 9, 2012

Because I have been going to this school since I was in kindergarten it's obvious to me that the staff here is doing something right. I have even had the opportunity to go to larger schools and out of state schools but I refused because I really enjoy it here. We have more electives now then we have ever before like french which I heard is a tough class and no one that is in it really enjoys it, however I do like the teacher as well as all of the other staff members. I really like the fact that I have been going to school here with many of my friends since I was five years old. I have to say though I do wish that there was more of a selection when it comes to sports- in most of the much larger schools the teachers will not stay after school just to help you get your grade up, and in bigger schools you're just a number they don't know you by given name; this is why I really enjoy going to school here and I always will... in fact one of my thoughts about my future were to go to college to become a teacher and teach here, and even to coach here at Triangle Lake Charter School.

Posted February 9, 2012

Their are lots of things I love about this school!! Being able to have lots of help on my school work when it gets really hard. The people here at this school are amazing and helpful to me. One of the things my family says, "Try your best everyday." Not just that, they even say, "Keep your grades up." That makes me want to do better. Just by going to this school I can do lots better now. This is my first year here and everybody hepls me. On the scale of 1-5 to rate this school, I would say a 5 star.

Posted February 9, 2012

For the past ten years of my life I have been enrolled at Triangle Lake. When I was in the second grade I started going to this school and I have never planned on going anyplace else. I have lived here all of my life but for some reason I went to a different school for my kindergarten and first grade year. One of my favorite things about this school is how we are so involved in sports so intensely. To me my grades really reflect what sport season I am involved in; sports make me get good grades. One thing that I dislike about this school is that there is not a lot of diversity in our school. A lot of our classes are taught very similarly (like speech and English). Definitely my favorite part of our school is how small it is, it is perfect-sized and even with us becoming a charter school I believe that we are still not too big. Sometimes it seems a little crowded but it really isn't that bad. Over all in my opinion Triangle Lake is a pretty good school.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>95%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Oregon used the Oregon Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (OAKS) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in reading and math; in grade 11 in writing; and in grades 5, 8 and 11 in science. The OAKS is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oregon. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2013.

14 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

14 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

>95%

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 63% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 66% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

24 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 60% in 2013.

All Students71%

Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 62%N/A51%
Female 50%N/A48%
Male 50%N/A52%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now