Yamhill Carlton Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2014
Yamhill-Carlton Elementary has a great office staff but that is all they have going for them. Our little is only in Kindergarten but if this year has been any indication of the quality (or lack of) education then we might as well start homeschooling now. The teacher has done very little to "teach", in fact we've had to teach our little to read because they teacher just allowed the children to play and watch movies in class. Pretty disappointing! There have been several incidents with other children or just general school information that the teacher should have shared (illnesses, lice, plans) and never did. The icing on the cake that motivated me to write this review is that she recently took classes on a field trip and never told parents when they can expect their kids back at school. The teacher informed the office that she'd be back by 2:00 then didn't arrive until 2:35!!!! There are a lot of individual parents who support this school and community but the voters spoke for everyone when a bond was voted down to make desperately NEEDED improvements to the school structures in the district including dry rot repair and heating/air conditioning systems.

Posted May 22, 2014
A great small town school. The teachers are there to help and encourage students reach their potential and all of the staff has always been friendly and polite.

Yamhill Carlton Elementary School 2

Posted December 13, 2013
They were trying to say that my niece has special needs because she didn't know how to do addition 4 months in to kindergarten. I feel that my niece is average, if not above average logically. She is very smart. My guess is that they were just trying to get money from the state like they did with me and other successful family members. My question is, do they not know how this could effect their self esteem? Throwing them into "special" classrooms the size of closets because they don't know addition in kindergarten is absurd. I feel that the teachers need to spend more than 15- 20 minutes on mathematics instead of saying my child has learning issues and therefor needs to separated from her classmates.

Yamhill Carlton Elementary School 0

Posted November 14, 2008
Great support and sense of them being in it for the 'kids.'

Posted September 06, 2007
its true small towns and small schools are so much better the teachers have smaller classes everybody knows everybody so no kid gets in trouble without the parents knowing the school has the parents as involved as they want to be the more they are they're the more the school likes it music sports and art are very important to the school and a great and affordable after school program and the best thing of all is that they truly do care for the students and they truly do make the school experience great and both my children are getting great grades and love school yes love they look forward to going and sad on vacations

Posted October 01, 2003
Carlton Elementary has my fullest confidence when it comes to educating children. The teachers are intent on involving the parents in every aspect of your childs education. In the last seven years of my children attending - I have never met a teacher whom doesn't display an enourmous amount of nurturing and compassion towards the students. CES has an active handful of parents and community members who are comitted to fundraising to supplement district dollars. These dollars have purchased play equipment, computers, lamination machine, die cast, field trips, learning tools, etc.... Not many schools compare to the excellence in performance we expect of CES!

Yamhill Carlton Elementary School
420 South Third St, Carlton, OR  97111
Last modified Yamhill Carlton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yamhill Carlton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top