Central Point, OR

Posted October 10, 2013
Jewett is one of the best schools in Central Point. The teachers, principal, staff, and parents all work together to make sure the students succeed. They are out of the box thinkers when it comes to helping the kids understand their work. The teachers are very patient and are first and for most about the students. My kids love to go to school each day and they come home with great things they have learned each day in class. The principal is also very involved with the kids- he is a principal who knows every students name and makes sure that issues are taken care of along with being outside with the kids. The staff is very helpful and understanding. The school as a whole is working to be a well oiled machine and everyone is on board to make sure the students succeed.

Jewett Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is all about Federal Aid. My child went to the school nurse for a playground injury and ended up being enrolled in LaClinica. They are always pushing me to try and enroll in Government Based Programs and when I decline they give me dirty looks. Then they charge a $20 enrollment fee (per child, unfortunately, it's time for my youngest to start K). To top it off my child barely gets any homework and isn't encouraged to strive for excellence in learning (just state testing). I spent the summer having my child do workbooks to supplement what he HASN'T learned in school. It is VERY sad... hopefully we can move... hopefully all Southern Oregon Schools are not this bad... it's a most disturbing situation.

Posted April 01, 2013
Jewett is an amazing school with amazing staff. My son is in 5th grade this year and I feel that Jewett staff has made him ready to enter middle school next year. He loves going to school and that's important. I'm very happy with all that he has gained in his years at Jewett. The principal, office staff, teaching staff, and aides all enjoy their jobs and make Jewett a welcoming and loving environment.

Posted January 18, 2012
Caring teachers and staff make this a great school! I have 2 kids that attend Jewett and both of them are doing great. I appreciate the extra help they get when they need it and what they offer to my son who is above grade level in math and reading. I'm very happy with this school

Jewett Elementary School

Posted February 23, 2010
My daughter is in 1st grade and I am wow'd by the things she is learning. Graphing, presidents, adding/subtracting, and fractions and reading - she is reading step 2 books. Her teacher is exceptional!

Posted October 22, 2009
I love the Principal, staff and most of the teachers have been top notch!! I have 2 kids that currently attend Jewett, the absolute only complaint I have is about our school district6, which is currently operating only 4 day weeks this year, due to 'a budget shortfall'. It is shameful, to say the least, that our children are not receiving the education they deserve! I am also outraged to hear that they are going to try to keep it this way, as they told us it was to be 'only the 2009/10 school year, then resume as normal 5 day school weeks come fall 2010.

Posted September 14, 2009
Jewett is a GREAT school! The Principal cares so much about the children and staff and that makes for a wonderful place to send my kids! The staff are great and love their jobs even with budget cuts and restructuring this school year. I have 2 kids at Jewitt and I'm proud to call it my kids school! The Principal, Scott Dippel, has started a great intermural program where kids are involved in PE type games with coaches and structure based on their age level. I think this is a great way to introduce kids to sports and games and allows children to get excercise in a fun way! Thank you to Mr. Dippel and the Jewitt staff! From a caring parent.

Jewett Elementary School 3

Posted January 28, 2008
Jewett has a lot of great teachers that care about the kids and their educational needs. They are just extremely limited on funds to make the improvements needed to both the facility and the kids' educational experience. There are limited opportunities (time and dedication) for kids to experience art, science and P.E. More dedication to these subjects would make a difference. I think if kids had a little time to create (art/science) and spend time in physical activity (P.E.) the teachers would not spend so much time dealing with 'calming the class down' and more time teaching the other important subjects such as math, reading and history. It would also be nice to see greater parental participation and more activities to stimulate advanced kids (like more TAG activities). It seems most of the energy goes into behavioral issue kids leaving the more advanced students bored waiting for the next activity.

Posted November 19, 2007
Jewett Elementary is a school in transition to say the least. It finally has a principal with vision, and the motivation and skills to back it up. With new blood in her veins Jewett is going to come alive like never before. Sit back and watch, Jewett is coming out of that box she's been in.......

Posted November 16, 2007
I atteneded Jewett and now so are my kids. It is a great school that needs more parent involvment.

Jewett Elementary School
1001 Manzanita St, Central Point, OR  97502
Last modified Jewett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jewett Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top