Clackamas High School

Public | 9-12 | 2268 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 29, 2011

I have to agree with the previous post. The current principal at Clackamas is very arrogant. Fortunately for the students, the teachers at Clackamas are very dedicated and caring. They are what makes Clackamas a great school. Too bad the administration is so bad.

Posted July 17, 2011

The principal of Clackamas is a complete and utter control freak. He makes decisions about programs (such as the drama program) without adequate knowledge of the program and what it does. He is completely obsessed with the AP programs because they make him look good. The administrators of this school in general think they know more than parents and teachers combined even though all of them have only been there for a relatively short time. I have had kids at Clackamas for the past eight years, and this administration is the worst.

Posted June 7, 2009

I have two kids at the school currently...and one more on the way. We're thrilled with the level of excellence that's demonstrated regularly throughout the school. Our son has been very active in sports and student government and our daughter has been equally involved in the music program--so we've seen the school from a variety of perspectives. All the teachers and administrators have been highly engaging with our kids, and with us as well. No school is perfect, but CHS is exceptional.

Posted July 16, 2008

I am going to be a senior at CHS soon, and the past three years here have been a gift. CHS has a lot to be proud of: consistently above-average state testing scores; motivated and intelligent students (citing the number of valedictorians who appear in the Oregonian each year as 'Academic Achievers'); excellent extracurricular activities and sports (including the baseball and dance teams who both won state this year); and of course, the staff who I've found to be helpful, adaptive, creative, and entertaining all at the same time. And while some may complain about the high expectations (such as CIM/TESA) of CHS' graduation requirements, many also pride themselves on those same expectations because they provide a challenge that many other schools forsake. Needless to say, I love it here. But I'm also excited for college because I know I'll be prepared, thanks to CHS.

Posted July 15, 2008

I graduated from CHS in 2005, and I still can't believe how lucky I was. I always knew Clackamas was nice, but now that I've heard about the quality of other schools, I am extremely thankful. There was ample opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities, including sports, drama, music, community service, and academics. Sabin was one of the best ideas ever for high school students to get real life experience and education. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we are the exception when looking at American schools... Clackamas/Happy Valley is an extremely wealthy area, especially when you look at average income, and they have excellent community involvement. Anyone who attends this school should look around and realize how fortunate they are to have such amazing opportunities. Anyone who complains about Clackamas should move to LA and see how they like it (...and become a Lakers fan, because the Blazers don't want you).

Posted February 23, 2008

I graduated from CHS in 2004. The teachers and staff at this school are outstanding. They are naturally caring individuals. I would have to say, without their support and motivation I would have dropped out. The community is so involved with this school. I feel as if CHS prepared me for the real world. I am now living a successful and comfortable life and only at the age of 22. I really do owe it all to CHS. My younger brother now attends CHS and he couldn't be better than ever. He's involved in school and I commend CHS for rooting their students on. At Clackamas High School, students are awesome, the community is involved and the teachers are real and care about their hardworking students.

Posted November 20, 2007

All three of my children graduated from Clackamas High School and either graduated from college or are still in college. Excellent teachers, athletics and activities, and community. Have high regards for teacher-parent-community involvements as well as high academics/achievements for students.

Posted September 29, 2006

All three of my children attended and graduated from CHS. I found CHS to have high expectations for their students with challenging classes for a diverse population. The athletics, music, drama, dance, and especially the academics (AP) classes prepared my children for college. I am pleased with the administration and teachers who took extra time to help my children. The parent support was tremendous and the community, on the whole (for a public school), was terrific! My daughter received a full college at a D1 university as a scholar-athlete. My two sons are doing well at state universities. CHS should be commended for their success!

Posted June 21, 2005

I am a recently 'graduated freshman at CHS. Most of the teachers are very friendly and have the students' best interest in mind; however, that doesen't mean all of them are. The school looks awesome on the outside- I was surprised how much more professional it looked compare to the new school which I had wanted to attend. But it doesent appear to be finished- apparently they ran out of money for additional classrooms. Inside, I was quite dissapointed. Alot of space has been wasted and interior was poorly designed and bland. I came from another school in Feb/Mar which did not do the CIM/TESA test. I do not find it fair that I have to meet the same requirements as those who began this in 6th grade. .

Posted May 5, 2005

As a student at Clackamas High School I am enjoying myself beyond belief. This school is amazing, the teachers are some of the best, I have been to many different schools and the teachers here are outstanding. I do believe that Clackamas High School is one of the best schools in Oregon.

Posted September 24, 2004

I am not a parent but I am a freshman at Clackamas right now. The teachers are not discriminatory. The teachers are excellent at conforming to the students learning ability. The are truly motivational and everything is excellent, even the food.

Posted August 29, 2004

The teachers are truly caring individuals. The staff enjoy greeting parents and students. The layout of the school is superb. I can't say enough about it. I am a former teacher from a different school, and as a parent, this one rates above most!

Posted August 29, 2004

Friendly, intelligent, caring staff. Wonderful music program with talented and award winning instructors! My daughter loves music and has been blessed by the support at this school.

Posted August 23, 2004

I am a student at Clackamas High School right now and I think that this school is the top school in Oregon. My family and I have moved a lot around Oregon. I have been to 3 differnt high school's and this is my favorite by far.

Posted June 6, 2004

I look at teachers closely for any form of bias or discrimination, and I personally have not found any. The teachers at Clackamas High School do their very best to teach the students that come to them, but every student has different capabilities, and every student simply is not 4.0 material. While every school should continue to improve teaching methods as they are developed, let's not try to blame teachers because some students either don't have the ability, or don't have the drive to do the work needed in the time frame required. Clackamas High School is a good school, and let's not discourage teachers that are working hard to help our kids.

Posted May 14, 2004

This school is absolutely incredible. The teachers changed my life - they are truly inspiring. There is a wide variety of extracurriculars that can help students find something they are passionate about. It is a beautiful school with truly amazing people. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get a great education and make high school an incredible experience.

Posted May 5, 2004

this school has some of the most racist and discriminating teachers I have ever met.they do not teach there students any form of respect for others whatsoever.this school allows their students to discriminate one another without little or no regard for the well being of others.on top of that how do they expect their students to graduate with this new state requirements. what if someone moves into their school district from another state are they then required to do the C.I.M or the TESA I am a concerned former student.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2010.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Oregon used the Oregon Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (OAKS) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in reading and math; in grade 11 in writing; and in grades 5, 8 and 11 in science. The OAKS is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oregon. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

483 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

489 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2013.

418 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 60% in 2013.

483 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students86%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 30%N/A51%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

14486 SE 122nd Ave