Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teachers don't care about students, grading mistakes are too frequent, classes are taught poorly, and boring curriculum

This school is just o.k. There is barely any school spirit. There are no morning announcements or even a pledge of allegiance. Some teachers grade very oddly. No one knows about homecoming, clubs, or upcoming events. Therefore, it is very hard to get involved.

The students are stuck up snobs and CHS is all about their cliques so if you don't fit into a certain category I'd suggest a more open-minded school. If not in that high group, your are ignored. Would suggest to go to a different high school.

I have to agree with the previous post. The current principal at Clackamas is very arrogant. Fortunately for the students, the teachers at Clackamas are very dedicated and caring. They are what makes Clackamas a great school. Too bad the administration is so bad.

The principal of Clackamas is a complete and utter control freak. He makes decisions about programs (such as the drama program) without adequate knowledge of the program and what it does. He is completely obsessed with the AP programs because they make him look good. The administrators of this school in general think they know more than parents and teachers combined even though all of them have only been there for a relatively short time. I have had kids at Clackamas for the past eight years, and this administration is the worst.

I have two kids at the school currently...and one more on the way. We're thrilled with the level of excellence that's demonstrated regularly throughout the school. Our son has been very active in sports and student government and our daughter has been equally involved in the music program--so we've seen the school from a variety of perspectives. All the teachers and administrators have been highly engaging with our kids, and with us as well. No school is perfect, but CHS is exceptional.

I am going to be a senior at CHS soon, and the past three years here have been a gift. CHS has a lot to be proud of: consistently above-average state testing scores; motivated and intelligent students (citing the number of valedictorians who appear in the Oregonian each year as 'Academic Achievers'); excellent extracurricular activities and sports (including the baseball and dance teams who both won state this year); and of course, the staff who I've found to be helpful, adaptive, creative, and entertaining all at the same time. And while some may complain about the high expectations (such as CIM/TESA) of CHS' graduation requirements, many also pride themselves on those same expectations because they provide a challenge that many other schools forsake. Needless to say, I love it here. But I'm also excited for college because I know I'll be prepared, thanks to CHS.

I graduated from CHS in 2005, and I still can't believe how lucky I was. I always knew Clackamas was nice, but now that I've heard about the quality of other schools, I am extremely thankful. There was ample opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities, including sports, drama, music, community service, and academics. Sabin was one of the best ideas ever for high school students to get real life experience and education. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we are the exception when looking at American schools... Clackamas/Happy Valley is an extremely wealthy area, especially when you look at average income, and they have excellent community involvement. Anyone who attends this school should look around and realize how fortunate they are to have such amazing opportunities. Anyone who complains about Clackamas should move to LA and see how they like it (...and become a Lakers fan, because the Blazers don't want you).

I graduated from CHS in 2004. The teachers and staff at this school are outstanding. They are naturally caring individuals. I would have to say, without their support and motivation I would have dropped out. The community is so involved with this school. I feel as if CHS prepared me for the real world. I am now living a successful and comfortable life and only at the age of 22. I really do owe it all to CHS. My younger brother now attends CHS and he couldn't be better than ever. He's involved in school and I commend CHS for rooting their students on. At Clackamas High School, students are awesome, the community is involved and the teachers are real and care about their hardworking students.

All three of my children graduated from Clackamas High School and either graduated from college or are still in college. Excellent teachers, athletics and activities, and community. Have high regards for teacher-parent-community involvements as well as high academics/achievements for students.

Last modified Clackamas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.