PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Went to this school as a child. Was ignored by teachers for not being above average. There were kids in my class who needed more specialized attention, teachers have no idea how to accommodate children who may have learning disabilities or disabilities in general. When I transferred to public school I was below average in math and science from the poor education I received in 6th grade. Does not have different classes for different levels of subjects such as math, so if your child has a hard time in any subject they are out of luck because the focus will be on the rest of the class. Worst experience of my life 5 and 6 grade. I'm glad I left when I did, stay away from this school.

We were welcomed into the school and immediately felt like we belonged. The children get up in the morning and look forward to going to school. They come home from school, happy, healthy and inspired to continue learning. We are glad that we chose Zion for our children's education.

Pros: Safe Christian environment. Nice staff. Walk to Math and Reading- going to appropriate level of Math and Reading in different grades. Cons: No or below par electives such as music, P.E. and foreign language. No science lab, computer labs, nor gym facility. The school is struggling financially and that makes things hard for improvements in implementing new programs that are lacking. Some teachers are excellent and children are expected to perform at a higher level. Some others are simply mediocre.

Our kids have completed 2 years now and continue to flourish in the above average Christian curriculum. Walking to their reading and math level has made a difference in them being challenged and not bored. The downfall is that there is not a language class and minimal music instruction offered. The new principal is very open to new ideas and improving the school every year. If some of the teachers would follow and agree that change is good too. Our kids love their teachers and having smaller class sizes of around 16 make a difference.

This is the best school! My child LOVES it there.

Teachers are very dedicated and work together to provide a cohesive education from class to class. The school has a tremendous family atmosphere.

Last modified Zion Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8