Corvallis, OR

Zion Lutheran School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
Went to this school as a child. Was ignored by teachers for not being above average. There were kids in my class who needed more specialized attention, teachers have no idea how to accommodate children who may have learning disabilities or disabilities in general. When I transferred to public school I was below average in math and science from the poor education I received in 6th grade. Does not have different classes for different levels of subjects such as math, so if your child has a hard time in any subject they are out of luck because the focus will be on the rest of the class. Worst experience of my life 5 and 6 grade. I'm glad I left when I did, stay away from this school.

Zion Lutheran School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
We were welcomed into the school and immediately felt like we belonged. The children get up in the morning and look forward to going to school. They come home from school, happy, healthy and inspired to continue learning. We are glad that we chose Zion for our children's education.

Zion Lutheran School 3

Posted December 18, 2009
Pros: Safe Christian environment. Nice staff. Walk to Math and Reading- going to appropriate level of Math and Reading in different grades. Cons: No or below par electives such as music, P.E. and foreign language. No science lab, computer labs, nor gym facility. The school is struggling financially and that makes things hard for improvements in implementing new programs that are lacking. Some teachers are excellent and children are expected to perform at a higher level. Some others are simply mediocre.

Zion Lutheran School 4

Posted July 13, 2009
Our kids have completed 2 years now and continue to flourish in the above average Christian curriculum. Walking to their reading and math level has made a difference in them being challenged and not bored. The downfall is that there is not a language class and minimal music instruction offered. The new principal is very open to new ideas and improving the school every year. If some of the teachers would follow and agree that change is good too. Our kids love their teachers and having smaller class sizes of around 16 make a difference.

Posted February 07, 2008
This is the best school! My child LOVES it there.

Posted January 24, 2008
Teachers are very dedicated and work together to provide a cohesive education from class to class. The school has a tremendous family atmosphere.

Posted July 17, 2006
Our daughter (youngest of 3 children) attended Zion Lutheran from 5th-8th grade. We were very happy with the level of personal attention she received from the teachers and staff, not to mention the great education! At least 3 times we received phone calls at home, initiated by a teacher to discuss his concerns about our daughter. It was also very easy to talk with teachers after school daily if needed. There was certainly no danger of falling through the cracks at Zion Lutheran. They did a lot of hands-on learning, including re-enacting the first slave trial and a dramatization of travel on the Oregon Trail. A variety of Christian denominations co-exist peacefully among the families represented at the school, including some families without church affiliations. Parents are very involved and many opportunities for extra-curricular activities are available. The price is also very reasonable relative to other schools. I highly recommend Zion Lutheran.

Zion Lutheran School 4

Posted March 13, 2006
the teachers are fabulous. the give you one-on-one attention and are interested in your opinion on everything. classes are small, and curriculum is hands on. parents are greatly involved, from my point of view- a student. parent-teacher confrencies are held at least two times a year, and are greatly valued.

Zion Lutheran School