PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 17, 2016
My children have attended Ashbrook for the past 4 years. We love the school. The teachers are outstanding. The education they are receiving is the best in Corvallis.

Posted October 30, 2015
My child had a fantastic experience at this school for 10 years and has really missed the quality of teaching since he moved on to public school. I am very grateful for our years at this school. At the same time please be sure your child is a good fit for the school because it can be unpleasant otherwise. And I recommend enrolling in grades 4+.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted October 30, 2015
The answer depends entirely on the student. One of my kids rarely had homework because he completed it in class. My other child was drowning in homework - because the school and her grade were not a great fit for her.

Ashbrook Independent School 1

Posted October 01, 2015
My child had a horrible experience at Ashbrook Independent School, but I can happily report that my child is doing great and is much happier at another school now. Our experience had nothing to do with our honor-roll student, and everything to do with the way our child was treated by students and the Administration. The school is not a healthy, nurturing environment. If I could do it all over again, I would not enroll my child at Ashbrook; it is my one regret as a parent. I hope you can learn from my mistake...choose better than Ashbrook for your precious child!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 27, 2015
'Thank you' to all of the teachers and all of the staff! It has been a group effort and I think we all did a terrific job!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted September 27, 2015
A lot of these children are over scheduled in their after school activities and it is up to them/families to employ good time management. The local high schools no longer count/grade homework which could be an issue. My kids averaged around 30 minutes of homework a night.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 27, 2015
Grades are not inflated. I think it is hard for some students who have heard their whole lives that they are the best to realize there are a lot of children out there who are just as smart/talented.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted September 27, 2015
The students are usually the first to celebrate the victories of their peers! The students feel some degree of competitiveness toward each other, but I've never seen it turn ugly, usually it makes everyone work harder.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted September 27, 2015
The school can only do so much to help the student develop compassion/caring/empathy.... the parents need to also do their part!

Posted September 27, 2015
Four children and 14 years at this school -Ashbrook must be doing something right! Our children were NEVER bored, were surrounded by other successful children and had a solid groundwork that allowed them to excel in their competitive high schools and beyond. The school must fit the child and the child must fit the school in order to be truly satisfied. The middle school electives are pretty amazing and the teachers are excited about their classes and students. This not a 'special needs' school, rather it is a 'college prep' environment which demands a lot from the students. It is small enough for individual attention, but if you're expecting the equivalent of having a private tutor for your child you best look elsewhere! The Administration has always addressed any issues if they were valid- emotions tend to run high among the parents at times. Visit Ashbrook. Make your own decision!

4045 Southwest Research Way, Corvallis, OR  97333
Last modified Ashbrook Independent School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8