PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Principal's Message: On behalf of the entire Ashbrook community, it is my sincere pleasure to welcome you to our school. It is an honor to have the opportunity to serve such an outstanding community. It is my desire to work with you, your child, and the staff to continue to support the culture of Ashbrook that cultivates learning and allows each child’s potential to flourish. At Ashbrook, we have the ability to meet your child’s basic skill needs and then ask as much of them as they can give to us. We provide the opportunities for each child to grow from excellent to extraordinary. Ashbrook students not only achieve academic success, but also experience a rich, well-rounded and memorable educational experience for children from ages three through their graduation at the end of grade eight. I have always envisioned leading a school where every staff, student, parent and community member accepts and supports the school’s mission, learning expectations, values and vision. A school that believes student learning is the fundamental purpose of our existence. I imagined a school that sets the example for others to follow in terms of academic rigor, providing new opportunities for students, and in teacher quality. I believe that Ashbrook has all of these qualities. Teachers and staff work diligently to create a learning climate that aligns with the schools mission to challenge and nurture academically capable students. Teachers share their love of learning, knowing that the community around them shares the same vision they do for their students. Ashbrook is blessed with parents who are invested in the success of their children. Ashbrook could not offer the quality of education, service, and sense of community if not for parental involvement as volunteers, committee members, and supporters. Ashbrook is a truly unique place. It’s warm and inviting atmosphere draws families to come early and stay late. Our students are excited each and every day to come to school. The smiles and excitement on their faces to see their friends, greet their teachers, and enter their classrooms is indescribable. I invite you to check out our small class sizes, first class facilities, and our highly-qualified and caring teachers and staff. Sincerely, Melissa Hausmann Principal, Ashbrook Independent School
January 17, 2017

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

My daughter started in local public school. She was advanced and rather bored. That school didn't try to challenge her. I am so happy we discovered Ashbrook. She is thriving here! The amount of homework is right on par. I would recommend Ashbrook Independent School to anyone looking for a change.

This is our first year at Ashbrook, I am so happy we found this school my son is thriving here. The teachers are very involved with the students. The enrichment is amazing.

Our children have had a wonderful experience at Ashbrook, at both the elementary and middle school levels. They have received an exceptional education and the faculty and staff have worked hard to create individualized and exciting learning environments. We would highly recommend this school.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 17, 2017

My child has loved his time at Ashbrook Independent School. He's been a student here for 4 years. Every morning he's begging me to get to school early and wants to stay after school to get his homework done. He loves Ashbrook! The teachers and staff are very supportive and kind. Small schools are good because they really get to know their students very well. I highly recommend this school.

I have 3 children at Ashbrook. My children have thrived here. We tried public school, but the classes were too large. At Ashbrook, the teachers tailor learning to the specific child. We have been very pleased. I encourage you to see if it is a good fit for your family!

My children have attended Ashbrook for the past 4 years. We love the school. The teachers are outstanding. The education they are receiving is the best in Corvallis.

My child had a fantastic experience at this school for 10 years and has really missed the quality of teaching since he moved on to public school. I am very grateful for our years at this school. At the same time please be sure your child is a good fit for the school because it can be unpleasant otherwise. And I recommend enrolling in grades 4+.

Amount of homework: no rating

The answer depends entirely on the student. One of my kids rarely had homework because he completed it in class. My other child was drowning in homework - because the school and her grade were not a great fit for her.

My child had a horrible experience at Ashbrook Independent School, but I can happily report that my child is doing great and is much happier at another school now. Our experience had nothing to do with our honor-roll student, and everything to do with the way our child was treated by students and the Administration. The school is not a healthy, nurturing environment. If I could do it all over again, I would not enroll my child at Ashbrook; it is my one regret as a parent. I hope you can learn from my mistake...choose better than Ashbrook for your precious child!

Last modified Ashbrook Independent School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8