Posted September 28, 2014
My children have both loved Adams. I thing the staff is great and there are so many opportunities for the students because of the wonderful local resources (especially OSU).

Adams Elementary School 2

Posted February 06, 2014
Adams is great, a lot of the teachers are really involved and obviously love their jobs. The school has gone down hill severely since the principal change. A lot of the great programs such as art, are at risk. Also there seems to be a lack of interest and control at the top.

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2013
This is my 4th year with a child at Adams and I am very pleased with the school - for a public school. I have LOVED each and every teacher my children have had so far and appreciate that every staff member knows my children by name and remembers things going on in their lives. My only complaints would fall more under general rules (like zero-tolerance instead of common sense/situational). I don't love that the default consequence often involves missing recess, which I believe only worsens my active child's impulsive behavior. But I love the teachers and their classes enough to stick with it.

Posted May 31, 2011
My daughter has gone to Adams for k-1st grade. We are moving to Georgia and are sad to leave this great community. Both teachers she has had have been great. They also have an amazing art teacher!

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2010
Adams is a very solid elementary school. The teachers we have had thus far have been very caring, well-prepared and experienced. Overall, most of the kids we have observed seem quite happy. The school lacks a bit in the area of rigor. Our child rarely comes home with more than 5 minutes of homework and the standards are not very high if you are looking to challenge your child academically--you'll really need to supplement with outside activity. Overall, this is a very safe, caring environment.

Posted September 05, 2008

Posted September 04, 2008
This school is awesome! everything about it is wonderful, from the principal Patty Pearson all the way down to the volunteers that keep our school thriving. We are out of the adams area but insist on going here. Best elem school in oregon!

Adams Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2004
Our experience with Corvallis schools has been somewhat disappointing in the teachers' ability to support the needs of all learners. Lack of training on innovative techniques and individualizing instruction, lack of ambition, unreasonably large class size, threatened funding, and the perpetuated belief and mantra that 'we're just not able to teach to individual student needs' has been disappointing. We have been pleased and reassured by the parent support for the school, which aligns genuinely with the connected community Corvallis is. We are extremely impressed with community offerings for extending learning beyond the classroom, yet parents taking TAG children to these events does not satisfy the school's responsibility to teach. It truly takes a village... TAG parent nights are highly valuable, and it would beneficial to provide the same information to teachers, providing the support needed to be great educators and truly leave none - not even the brightest - behind.

Adams Elementary School
1615 SW 35th St, Corvallis, OR  97333
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top