Bad
Good

This is my first year at Cheldelin, and I love it! The teachers are great, and the curriculum is easy to cope with. I have made so many friends. I am not bullied in any way. The staff ( in the case of a bully situation) handle things VERY well. The school is so diverse. I just can't say enough about how good this school is.

I continue to be happy with the school for both of my middle schoolers. I have two very different children; one that has an IEP and one that doesn't. The one with an IEP gets support and plenty of extra help. The other one is in challenge classes and is doing quite well with the curriculum. My suggestion for improvement is more communication about testing, especially OAKS (and its new equivalent for next year). The school should tell the parent the exact dates of each test to be sure the student is well rested and doesn't have a big event the night before such as a track meet that gets them home late. Overall I am happy with the school.

My kids have flourished in this school. It is very competitive and offers challenge classes and highschool prep classes.The teachers are excellent.

This is the 2nd year here for my kiddo. I have been truly underwhelmed nearly since day one. I have a tag child in reading but does not excel in some other areas; does not get the support or help needed. Sometimes I just gets passed over when just needs a few extra minutes of personal time with a teacher. It is really sad.

I enjoy the school. Needs more extra-curricular activities. Track, Cross-Country, and disc golf.

My child is in the gifted and talented classes and has had an extremely positive experience. There are many options here for gifted children. The class sizes have been small and the teachers very motivated. It seems to me that the parents are very involved. School-sponsored extra-curricular activities are limited because of budget cuts, but there are many after-school activities available that are not directly school sponsored.

The school has very caring teachers and a very upbeat, positive atmosphere, with smaller class size. However, for those those who learn differently, it is far better as a social experience than an educational one. If this area were different, I'd give them 5 stars.

Last modified Cheldelin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.