Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted April 29, 2016
As a neighboring resident and child growing up near Lincoln Elementary the school has always held itself to the highest standards and the teachers are top notch.

Lincoln Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 25, 2016
Patti Ball - Thank you so much. You helped me through my move to Oregon and more. School was hard, but with you around it was a breeze! I went from being held back to a 4.0 student!

Posted March 25, 2016
I went to Lincoln when I was younger, I am now 18 and going to school to be a special needs teacher. School was always hard for me, but Lincoln helped me learn skills that will get me through my entire life. Patti Ball was the BEST teacher and woman i have ever met.

Posted November 28, 2015
As a formal student of Lincoln Elementary, 1st thru 5th grade; I'm now 28 with 2 kids and I live out of state. As a reflect back on my childhood and why i am, who I am today, alot of that molding was all due to the atmosphere and loving teaching environment of Lincoln. I remember not only learning and talking about diversity and compassion for our school, community and earth but we also lived it. My teachers growing up (carol young 1st-3rd and Susan klinkhammer 4-5th whom I assume have left by now) were amazing women and had so much passion for knowledge and growth which I had taken with me when I moved on to middle and high school. I remember the garden they taught us to grow in, which is hard to find these days in any public school setting. How we learned about recycling and actively going out in the community to help. I remember they encouraged our imagination, creativity and sense of kindness to all humans, animals and nature. I can remember there was never truly any bullying and every one was friends with everyone. When it rained, rainy day play was the best! It was truly a 2nd home for me and all my siblings. I wish I could find a school setting like Lincoln school where I live now for my 2 boys. It saddens me that common core has taken over the education system and school is almost like a dull repeat after me style with focused flaws on standardized testing. Nontheless, I still have kept in touch with all my childhood friends from k-12 via social media...no matter where we are in our lives, when any of us chat, Lincoln has always been that bounding memory. I'm happy to see its still open and thriving. It is the best kept secret school to go to. Reading reviews from current parents, it encouraged me to write this one as a kid going there. your children will be molded into human beings that the world needs more of these days. God bless!

Posted April 01, 2015
I am a retired teacher who volunteer at Lincoln Elementary. I am constantly amazed at the care and loving attention that is lavished on the children. As a teacher, I know how hard it is to plan for and handle a large class of such diverse abilities. These teachers are true professionals and they do it with aplomb. The children who attend Lincoln are very lucky!

Posted September 05, 2014
Our daughter has absolutely thrived in this school - with such a caring and healthy learning environment. We have loved everyone she gets to work with, from the recess monitor to the teachers, receptionist and principal. We felt very welcome when we started here, and going into our second year we still do! There are so many ways the school includes the community too, including an awesome school garden! I love that my daughter gets two languages and and a real love of learning from Lincoln. There are assistants who help here in small groups with her weak areas and other teachers, like her music teacher, who see her strengths and let her confidence shine. I am so grateful to have this school in our lives!

Posted May 31, 2014
When it came time to enroll my Oldest child, I wanted her to be enrolled in the dual immersion language program so I chose Lincoln even though we live in district for another school. I now have two children at Lincoln. A 2nd grader and a kinder. They truly thrive at school. The have so much fun while they learn. I am a fairly involved parent and have never seen any attitude or treatment by any staff member that I found suspect. My kids like going to school, have good friends, and learn so much. They are constantly coming home enthused about a project, craft or experiment they did that day.

Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
Lincoln is a great school. I have 2 kids there and love the dual immersion program. The teachers and staff are so dedicated and always there to help. Our children are thriving at Lincoln and I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted April 11, 2013
Lincoln has pleasantly surprised us! I find it funny that the one star review here is from a parent who now loves Muddy Creek Charter. We made the opposite switch (from Muddy Creek to Lincoln)!! My daughter was getting terribly bullied (think Lord of the Flies). The teacher and principal didn't seem to be aware or engaged enough to admit to the problems even though we were hearing from other parents it was indeed going on and was out of control. My daughter was throwing fits, terrified to go to school! I wasn't sure at first because our public school experience has been SO bad (charters included!) but the principal is very modern, she is a mom herself and she seemed to really understand my daughter's anxiety. The principal and the staff were great (even when we had trouble with one teacher, they switched us into a different classroom - a much better fit!) They have gone above and beyond what I was expecting, the music teacher, librarian and bilingual learning are all amazing and my daughter is finally thriving! We also feel welcomed at this community, it is very diverse (the most diverse school in Corvallis) and for once I feel like we fit in here. We'll be staying for sure.

Posted December 16, 2012
I had heard all the bad press about this school and was hesitant in enrolling my kids here. I am happy to report wonderful things about this "best kept secret" school. Teachers are compassionate, staff are patient. Kids are wonderful. I wish people would stop saying its a terrible place, filled with bullies, it is simple not true. Honestly I think the diversity is greatly needed here in Oregon too.

Lincoln Elementary School
110 SE Alexander Ave, Corvallis, OR  97333
Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.