Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Wilson has grown as a school and is in an amazing place. The current principal is terrific, my 3 kids have all had effective teachers... it's one of the best schools in Corvallis

This school is NOT an environment you want your kids in. Some very good teachers. However the support from the administration is horrible. The "New Principle is arrogant, unsupported and should not even be in a elementary environment. I pulled all my children from this school, after finding out they were essentially left behind in there classes because teachers had to deal with other behavioral problems. Lets not mention the continued lice epidemic that the school refused to do anything about until the last month of school. The atmosphere is unwelcoming. And make sure you ask if your child will be placed in a pathways classroom. They put ELL, ESL and behavioral problem kids all in one classroom with no supports for the teacher.

I really believed this school would be a good fit, but I am quickly becoming disillusioned. There is an overall unwelcoming feeling. The office staff will barely greet you, and have an air of irritation at any questions one might have. If this is how I, as a parent am being treated, how are you treating the children? I am beginning to regret this carefully thought out decision.

Principal Brew is amazing. What he has done with this school make my life and the education of my children a happy thing. The students are amazing and the majority have a desire to learn. The parent contribution is unlike any other school I've seen. Highly recommended.

My grandson is doing very well in this School. He has had good teachers and they help him with anything he needs. He likes the School very much and the activities as well.

I am the head secretary at Wilson School. Some of the reviews posted here have misinformation. If you would like accurate information about our school, please call the school office. -Myrna Campbell

It amazes me how misinformed parents are, by their children. There is no school-wide 'yellow card' disciplinary system. A couple of individual classes do use that system, so talking to your child's teacher should be a first step. There also isn't a quiet room. There is a break area in the Transition room, which is only used by those students. Discovery Nights were initiated and run solely by parents and is not billed as a TAG program. It's strictly enrichment for all the kids. I went to every one and saw kids there from every grade. It was hugely successful. The presenters are all parents, most of whom work during the day. Thus the need to have the demonstrations in the evening. They were wonderful experiences parents could share with their children. This wouldn't be possible if they were held during the school day. Submitters need to get their facts straight!!

I belive that all parents have the right to express their own experiences(thru their children and from their own point of view) with Wilson..and even the 'positive' reviews have undercurrents of negitivity. We have not had a welcoming experience at Wilson, have had problems with our teacher, not been responded to inkind by the principle. We will be home schooling next year.

Wilson school is a wonderful environment for my children. They are learning, engaged, and feel proud of themselves. Upon reading the comments regarding Wilson, it is really frustrating to hear so many negative comments. The PTA has already stepped up and volunteered their time and efforts and are appropriately delegating activity positions to those who would volunteer. Frankly, you can complain until you're blue, or you can volunteer and be the change you want to see. I'm signing my name because I'm proud of my kids and I won't hide behind words. Amelia McCullough

It saddens me that this forum to rate a school has become a forum for complaining. Greatschools is a way for people to gain information. So, I hope that everyone is reading the disclaimer 'don't believe everything you read.' Do your own research. Visit Wilson, get involved and form your own opinions. Wondering about something you've seen posted here? Ask someone who knows - perhaps a teacher or staff member, the principal, or involved parents. Children (and some parents) are not always the most reliable source. If you are already at Wilson and choose not to be involved, then please stop complaining about the people who are working hard to make Wilson a better place for ALL students. I appreciate our PTA board who is working so hard to include and involve new families. Four people should not be solely responsible for every event in the school.

Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.