Bad
Good

Between all my kids, we have spent 14 years at Bohemia. In the time we've been there, we have found most of the teachers to be excellent, an efficient staff, and excellent principals. Over the years they have acquired several grants for technology enabling the kids to learn a lot of technical skills. They've also updated the library so the kids have lots of recent books to choose from. They've also invested in a music program. It isn't the nicest building, but the people and programs are great.

My five year old and I moved to Cottage Grove in August of this year (2011). I was skeptical about him going to a small town school because my son has some anxiety issues. All I can say is, "WOW"...This school is AMAZING! From day one, he was assigned a special assistant to help him personally adjust. He gets his own personal older student that sits with him at breakfast due his social anxiety. He has his SPED bus that picks him up away from the regular bus stop because the kids bullied him, and he refused to ride the regular bus after that. The principle, Jackie, is amazing!!!! She has always accomadated us for whatever my son needs. And she personally called me to see if she could offer any assistance in a recent situation my son told me about. I would say, this school is definitely a school that a guardian can have their child attend with out any worries. They take the "No Child Left Behind Act" seriously. I'm a big city girl, and I love this school! Wow, this was long..but it shows you how much this school is great!

My daughter has been at Bohemia since kindergarten and is now entering the 4th grade. I chose our new house to be in this area so that she could attend this grade school. I am most pleased with the cooperation between parent and teachers. I love that they promote respect. They do not tolerate disrespect of others and I think that is one of the most valuable lessons kids can learn. Education wise, my daughter is doing great.

We moved from S. California and found 2nd grade @ Bohemia to be an outstanding experience. Mrs. Stevens is awesome. It's also great to have the principal greet and open car doors in the mornings at drop off time. Unfortunatly, we have had to move on to WA for the 3rd grade and was only able to spend one year at Bohemia. Was a big improvement over S. Calif. Schools!

This school has been a big disappointment. My children went to school there for 4 years, at times uneventful, but when there was an event, you just have to document everything and plan on it not being resolved by the principle.

My daughter is in 1st grade this year at Bohemia. I have been happy with the school. They border on too much information. We get at least 3-4 pages of information home daily about activities and events happening. It's wonderful to be informed. They have managed to privately pay music and pe for the children through the efforts of fundraising through PTA. I haven't been too involved in the school, although I do know a few parents who are very involved. I think it takes some persistence. The teachers I have had experience with are very receptive of questions and getting the children involved in 'home work' activities including the whole family. I think that is great. Education is highly valued in our house and when the school send home ideas of things to do at home that relate to their experiences in school I think it makes learning more fun.

Last modified Bohemia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.