Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)

Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 27, 2016
No homework- which I fully believe in- 8 hours of work is enough for a kid.

Posted June 17, 2016
This was our first year at the school and it has been a wonderful experience! My son didnt even want school to be out for the summer, that says a lot right there. His teacher was great in every way and I completely trusted him. We will be having a new teacher next year and I hope its as good as this past one.

Posted October 22, 2014
My daughter has been at this school for a few months now and has had a difficult time to adjust but I have found her teachers to be very responsive and caring about the students. The admin staff has also been great. The school has a very nice "family" environment, very organized and peaceful. VERY welcome change from the public school we came from. We have only been there a few months but already feel like a part of the school. I would highly recommend this school to other parents. Also since some of the last reviews they have moved to a new school and the environment has changed, communication is excellent.

Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
Moving our child out of LCMCS and into East Orient elementary school was the best move we could make for our child. I wholeheartedly agree with the Montessori method, but this is NOT it. The blend of Montessori and District requirements seems to be a huge challenge for the staff here and the collision of district requirements vs the "purist" Montessori way has not been pretty. Staff communication was horrible as well. Greatly disappointed!

Posted June 07, 2012
My son son LOVES LCMCS and we do, too The teachers are wonderful, and he has done very well both academically and socially. The community is great, too -- parents are very involved and there are many opportunities to volunteer and be a part. My only complaint is that the parents are extremely cliqueish. But at least they care, right? We can hardly wait for our daughter to start, too.

Posted December 09, 2011
We love it here! The teachers are kind and responsive. I really like that my child get to learn at his own pace. The emphasis here is not on testing (though if you ask to see their state test scores you'll see they're higher than the state and district average). I like that my child gets a lot of choice and input about what he's learning, and he's excited about school.

Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School 1

Posted August 11, 2011
My child went to this school and after being told that she was doing fine I got her tested privately and found out that she was very behind, even though the report card sent home stated otherwise. The person that tested her could not believe the results compared to her report card.

Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School 4

Posted April 19, 2011
My children have blossomed at this school. I have found the teachers to be passionate, involved, and very available to answers any questions/concerns I've had as we've transitioned into the Montessori experience. Montessori is something my family is really loving, but I can definitely see how Montessori might not be the right choice for every family. This school does allow to observe classrooms before you enroll. Take advantage of this. Visit more than one classroom and visit more than once. Do your research. Also, consider that, as a charter school, they do not get as much funding as other public schools. So, if after school programs and such are important to you, this may not be the place. If you are looking for a school where all the students are sitting quietly and doing worksheets, this is not the place for your children. If you are looking for a place where children are passionately pursuing their own interests, this might just be the place.

Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School 1

Posted April 17, 2011
We thought the Montessori system sounded wonderful, so we enrolled our son here.... BIG mistake. Montessori might be ok, but the administration, the teachers, the facilities - all were troublesome. After two months we moved him out and another school where he blossomed wonderfully.... I heartily do not recommend this school to anyone.

Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School 4

Posted January 28, 2011
I moved my child from the local public school to Lewis and Clark and have been very happy with the results. This is the first year I have not been told he is distruptive and falling behind. He has freedom to choose when to do activities. When I had some concerns the principal and teachers all sat down with me to discuss. I felt supported and I feel they care about the kids.

Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School
14151 SE 242nd, Damascus, OR  97089
Last modified Lewis And Clark Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5