Echo, OR

Echo School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
I am a former student of Echo Elementary, Junior High, and High School. This school system is absolutely terrible. I did not realize what a poor education I was receiving until I began attending college. At Echo I was at the top of my class taking "honors" courses. In college I realized very quickly that the advanced courses offered at Echo were not even up to par with the normal courses offered at other schools. I would NEVER punish my children's future by sending them to this terrible school.

Echo School 4

Posted August 15, 2010
It saddens me that a parent would feel that the Echo school district is insensitive to children with "special needs." My experiences have been very different. Perhaps, as the review is a few years old, this was a deficiency previously, but, I feel that awareness and empathy are strongly encouraged. Acceptance is stressed with a "different, yet equal" philosophy. The school houses students from kindergarten through high school,with older students given the responsibility of mentoring younger students. The importance of being responsible for the example set, gives the older student a sense of community. Knowing that they play a part in the development of the morals of another, seems to give them a sense of pride and purpose. The school maintains a zero tolerance policy on bullying, and inclusion and acceptance are the only acceptable modes. I feel very privileged that my children are a part of the Echo school district.

Echo School 4

Posted November 03, 2009
As a parent who raised children in a major metropolitan area before moving them to a rural setting in Echo Schools, I can honestly say the education my children receive rivals the private school I previously sent my children to. The class sizes are small and the children receive needed one on one attention. In fact, this school has instituted a ZAP (zeroes are not permitted) program to ensure all children complete assignments and keep the class on track with the curriculum. The involved teachers have been proactive in addressing my children's needs, whether it be extra assistance or by recognizing the need for higher placement. Echo has seen some declining test scores the past couple years however I believe Echo is being proactive in correcting this situation. As a parent, please do your part and make sure your child completes assigned tasks - especially when a signature is required.

Echo School 5

Posted June 05, 2008
Elementary is high quality with motivated, well educated teachers.

Echo School 3

Posted February 07, 2006
Echo School has a lot of good qualities, It has some really good Teachers who care about the students. The grade school I think has higher quality than the upper grades. They do not have music in Echo, I would like to see at least some kind of singing or band offered. They are working on there sports program, I think it's improving. I Think the Parents really try at this school. It's really a good school and the Principal is trying,just needs a little help..

Echo School 1

Posted September 20, 2005
I have been involved in the Echo School's for a life time. I have seen the decline of the educational value in the school, and the increase of the lack of respect for the students, their parents, and the community. The school board and the administration are their only for personal adgenda's,and or a pay check. I have seen the school board and administration clearly show favoritism towards students while bullying other students purely out of hatred. I personally would never recommend this low quality school to anyone under any circumstance.

Echo School 2

Posted August 02, 2005

Echo School 2

Posted April 03, 2005
A student with any special needs will have a hard time succeeding at this school. The instructors are not well educated in areas such as ADHD and parents must constantly work to keep these students from falling through the cracks. There are no music and art programs for middle or secondary students. High achievers in grades 9-12 must look out-of-district to supplement the available core classes. Sports are a priority, sometimes at the expense of academics.

Echo School 5

Posted June 08, 2004
- a former student
Small hometown school setting without big-city issues set this academic institution apart from other schools in the area. Business, English and Science classes were the mainstay of this school, while a highly structured sports hierarchy addressed extra-curricular issues.

Echo School
600 East Gerone St, Echo, OR  97826
Last modified Echo School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Echo School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top