No rating

Timber Lake Job Corps

Private | 10-12

Student diversity

Living in Estacada

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $188,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $920.

Sweep tile

Posted November 27, 2012

timber lake job corp is getting progressivley worse with every two weeks 3-10 new rules come into place and the drama every other day someone hates you that you were friends with before the foods terrible and and proportions are greatly eneven the dorms are falling apart the staff dont care about you they write you up with center write ups whenever possable and the instructors are almost never present in the trades. and the food is rotting or wilted before we even get to the mess hall.

Posted November 13, 2012

The food is bad, and isnt proportioned right. You live off top ramen. i lost 35 pounds from being underfed and going to school and trade hungry every day. The staff is very childish and unprofessional. This place is treated like a boot camp. Expect lots of drama, and dont trust anyone. you will regret it. Not much free time, and you get 2 phones for a dorm full of people and you can never get a turn, (no cell phone service.) there is staff with over 100 written student complaints, and still has yet to be let go of. you wont sleep much, and will encounter some bullying. Staff has gotten physical with students. very strict PDA rules and relationships between students are discouraged and looked down on. staff does not care about your personal issues. no privacy. people here leave and never return all the time (Like myself) most kids get kicked out, for breaking too many of the 5 billion rules they have here. there is a rule for everything. This place can make you or break you. Just educate yourself on the reality of this place before signing the papers and going.

Posted January 6, 2012

the vocational staff are great but the educational and residential staff for the most part are incompotant,rude and in some cases even towards each other

Posted November 15, 2009

Our son has been at Timber Lake for about 8 months now and seems to be doing quite well. We have hopes for progression. 'Job Corps' is a great 'Pet Project' of the U.S. government since the Roosevelt administration and can really give a young person a good leg up on life, (especially in these times). I think we are all thankful for the oppurtunities this program can provide which wouldn't have been there otherwise. I think this will be a very good confidence builder for our son.

Posted March 19, 2009

Our son has been at Job Corps since last June,he is doing well.. Some parents think that the kids should have more freedom, I don't think so they are there to learn and with the staff having to keep track of that many kids they need to pull in the reins.. we are very proud of our son to have this opportunity.....

Posted November 24, 2008

lack of supervision seemingly incompetant instructors who either choose nto to or are unable to maintain control of campus student free for all

Posted May 29, 2008

Timberlake is one of the strictest job corp only they truly seem to be getting the boys and girls going there a real chance to make it in life. I did not realize especially the no smoking rules how close it mirrors real work. I now have a great job because of job corps and good thing I had to quit smoking there since at my great job they have a smoke free policy, it cut down on health insurance costs, and the big thing they taught me was patients and dealing with diverse populations of people along with the work skills I needed. More of the job corp centers need to be as strict as timberlake.

Posted April 24, 2008

I attended Timberlake for 8 months in the Business Technology portion of the careers they offer. In my time there of course I thought it was strict and unfair, but I stuck with it. I graduated and now have an exceptional job. This center may be strict and hard to get through in the eyes of a student, but I promise it's the best growing experience ever if you can handle it. All you have to do is decide if you are ready to grow up and deal with it.

Posted April 9, 2008

I am a parent of a student at Job Corp in Timberlake. He has been there since September 2007. He had a rough time at first but has since gained his confidence and has pulled himself through. He has passed his first test of his elected vocation and we are very proud of his accomplishment. I praise Job Corp for their continued efforts and often tell others about the program. Christine

Posted May 18, 2007

I think job corps is a great program but Timberlake is one of the least centers i dislike my daughter has been through so much there. And staff really doesnt seem like they care or understand . Its not jail but they sure act like it is there. I think it would be alot better if the students got more freedom and the adults there (students) could smoke and not have so many rules they are there to learn yes but it seems alot for one person to grow through thats why people go awol from there alot.

Posted September 19, 2006

My son has dyslexia and had trouble all throughout his school years. He never felt he fit into the normal education program and dropped out in his Junior year. After much prompting and discussion at the age of 23 he check out the Job Corp. No one ever gave him the chance they did. No one ever made him feel proud of himself like they did. No one ever taught him leadship like they did. As a mother he would only hear so much of what I said to him. Well, in two weeks he will be graduating basic training in Fort Knox, Kentucky and becoming a National Guard Member. Thanks to you Job Corp if it wasn't for your wonderful positive, helpful training Luke would not be where he is today!

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Vocational education