Posted July 10, 2015
So far iv bean lied to about activitys that were supposed to be there and the tread I was supposed to be in was suppose to be open wasn't it was full the schedules are always being changed. And a lot of the times we never know about it then we get in truble for not showing up when we werent told to be there.some staff r sweet and are understanding and easy to talk to and you know they'd listen and not throw you to the side were others are roud mean treat use like criminals and we can't speak are mined around them ever. The clouthing is hot and heavy hard to move in. They have so meny unnecessary rules it's ridiculous. And you get into trouble if someone ells acts out. And we don't have time for anything in the morning its up by 6am clothes on make bed eat back to room by 6:30. Clean get redy to leave by 7:20..ect..the food I was told was good but when I got in and just the look at it made me feel sick. Dry over cooked or sogy and just grose.It was old they'd keep serving the same stuff till it was gone or smelly.some times longer...the worst part is that there are people in some tades that have bean in there for over a year and sill can't seem to do anything which worys me for a number of reasons...the forestry around use is beautiful it's somthing I like a lot about and we have a lake we can walk around after trade. I hate that it's swormed by mosquitos that eat you up and every once in a wile we have a fun activeity in the gym. But that's about it for fun.and when it come to lerning your pretty much on your own.

Posted November 27, 2012
timber lake job corp is getting progressivley worse with every two weeks 3-10 new rules come into place and the drama every other day someone hates you that you were friends with before the foods terrible and and proportions are greatly eneven the dorms are falling apart the staff dont care about you they write you up with center write ups whenever possable and the instructors are almost never present in the trades. and the food is rotting or wilted before we even get to the mess hall.

Posted November 13, 2012
The food is bad, and isnt proportioned right. You live off top ramen. i lost 35 pounds from being underfed and going to school and trade hungry every day. The staff is very childish and unprofessional. This place is treated like a boot camp. Expect lots of drama, and dont trust anyone. you will regret it. Not much free time, and you get 2 phones for a dorm full of people and you can never get a turn, (no cell phone service.) there is staff with over 100 written student complaints, and still has yet to be let go of. you wont sleep much, and will encounter some bullying. Staff has gotten physical with students. very strict PDA rules and relationships between students are discouraged and looked down on. staff does not care about your personal issues. no privacy. people here leave and never return all the time (Like myself) most kids get kicked out, for breaking too many of the 5 billion rules they have here. there is a rule for everything. This place can make you or break you. Just educate yourself on the reality of this place before signing the papers and going.

Timber Lake Job Corps 1

Posted January 06, 2012
the vocational staff are great but the educational and residential staff for the most part are incompotant,rude and in some cases even towards each other

Timber Lake Job Corps 4

Posted November 15, 2009
Our son has been at Timber Lake for about 8 months now and seems to be doing quite well. We have hopes for progression. 'Job Corps' is a great 'Pet Project' of the U.S. government since the Roosevelt administration and can really give a young person a good leg up on life, (especially in these times). I think we are all thankful for the oppurtunities this program can provide which wouldn't have been there otherwise. I think this will be a very good confidence builder for our son.

Timber Lake Job Corps 5

Posted March 19, 2009
Our son has been at Job Corps since last June,he is doing well.. Some parents think that the kids should have more freedom, I don't think so they are there to learn and with the staff having to keep track of that many kids they need to pull in the reins.. we are very proud of our son to have this opportunity.....

Posted November 24, 2008
lack of supervision seemingly incompetant instructors who either choose nto to or are unable to maintain control of campus student free for all

Posted May 29, 2008
Timberlake is one of the strictest job corp only they truly seem to be getting the boys and girls going there a real chance to make it in life. I did not realize especially the no smoking rules how close it mirrors real work. I now have a great job because of job corps and good thing I had to quit smoking there since at my great job they have a smoke free policy, it cut down on health insurance costs, and the big thing they taught me was patients and dealing with diverse populations of people along with the work skills I needed. More of the job corp centers need to be as strict as timberlake.

Timber Lake Job Corps 4

Posted April 24, 2008
I attended Timberlake for 8 months in the Business Technology portion of the careers they offer. In my time there of course I thought it was strict and unfair, but I stuck with it. I graduated and now have an exceptional job. This center may be strict and hard to get through in the eyes of a student, but I promise it's the best growing experience ever if you can handle it. All you have to do is decide if you are ready to grow up and deal with it.

Posted April 09, 2008
I am a parent of a student at Job Corp in Timberlake. He has been there since September 2007. He had a rough time at first but has since gained his confidence and has pulled himself through. He has passed his first test of his elected vocation and we are very proud of his accomplishment. I praise Job Corp for their continued efforts and often tell others about the program. Christine

59868 E Highway 224, Estacada, OR  97023
Last modified Timber Lake Job Corps is a Private school that serves grades 10-12
Timber Lake Job Corps Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top