Eugene, OR

O'hara Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted October 26, 2013
The education is nothing stellar. If local public schools had proper funding, they would be my first choice. The parents are ridiculous when it comes to sports and competition. At this school it's not about YOU or what you know, it's all about your connections, your money, and WHO you know.

O'hara Catholic Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2011
I currently attend O'Hara Catholic school and I am very impressed with the quality of the school in general. All of the teachers and staff are very helpful and kind and the overall personality is very positive. The only thing I would point out to be unsatisfactory about the school is the foreign language department. The Spanish program is EXTREMELY weak. I can honestly say I have learned almost nothing in a year of Spanish at O'Hara. The academic classes are very rigorous and it is hard to acheive all "A"s. The math program is ecspecially exceptional in my opinion. The music department also needs a lot of work. Other than SPanish and music, the school is excellent and I thouroughly enjoy my days attending O'Hara Catholic School. I would definately recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a school in Eugene.

Posted April 25, 2010
We sent our children to O Hara so that they would have a better opportunity for academic advancement. We sent them to O Hara to expand on their understanding and comprehension of religion, God, and our greater purpose here on this Earth. We want them to learn to give back to the community that they live in. They are learning all of this and more. Everything we teach our children at home about social responsibility, kindness towards others, and good manners is reinforced at this school. Our children have Art, Computers, Spanish, Library, P.E., Religion, and Music classes in addition to the normal academic requirements. O Hara has exceeded our expectations. You cannot possibly know all of the great things about this school without having a child enrolled here. Every day the principal greets all of the children at the door by name. The teachers genuinely love these children, these little gifts from God. It would be impossible to walk down the hallways at O Hara without feeling the warmth and kindness that radiate from the children, staff, and families that are O Hara. It is a home away from home. We feel blessed to be here.

Posted June 04, 2009
O'Hara provides a reasonably good but not stellar education for K-8. Teachers are very accessible to work with parents on specific issues. Too much time spent on activities not related to academic subjects--celebrations, holiday preps, and the like. Weak foreign language teaching (but not unlike public schools). With a stronger commitment to an academic day, homework for K-8 could be all but eliminated.

Posted March 10, 2009
O Hara is an amazing school! From the first moment I walked in the doors, I had the overwhelming sense of belonging. Everyone from the staff to parents is open and friendly with the same objectives in mind. I have never seen a more dedicated and talented group of educators, staff and administration in any other school. They go out of their way, making sure the best is being done in every situation. The parents here are very involved with their children s education and school, everyone pulls together to get things done. The community involvement is impressive. There is this great focus on the larger community, to get out there and volunteer, setting a standard early in the kid s lives. More important is that my son loves the school! The same values that are being taught at home are mirrored at O Hara. I couldn t ask for any better!

Posted February 22, 2009
There is something very unique about O'Hara. You feel it as soon as you walk through the front doors. THere is such a strong sense of community. Everyone cares so much - from the kids to the other parents to the teachers to the office staff to the principal who knows everyone by name. The teachers are the best I've ever seen. The academics are top notch across the board. It's the most 'Catholic' school we've ever attended. I can't say enough good things about O'Hara!

Posted January 17, 2009
We have been apart of the Ohara family for 3 years now. Joining Ohara was the best part of our transition coming from out of state. Not only was the Ohara community welcoming, the students were genuine and caring. There are so many positives about Ohara school. The monthly school masses are amazing as students along with their teachers come together in worship while families are always welcome. Our education experience has be amazing at Ohara. The piano program is a plus as well. You could not ask for a better faculty. Our principal is top notch too. We are very happy at Ohara, our children especially are thankful to be at this school.

Posted November 09, 2008
We have been an O'Hara family for seven years and cannot imagine a better educational experience for our children. The academic program is extremely strong. We are blessed to have a Spanish program, a full-time art teacher (exceptional) and dedicated art room, physical education and more. We have a beautiful new science lab and while our school is old, it is sparkling clean and consistently receiving renovations and upgrades. The teachers and staff are exceptional. It is uplifting to watch the entry in the mornings with the principal personally greeting every child by name. All of that said, there is something even more powerful at work at O'Hara. The deep faith and unwavering sense of community among the children, the parents, the teachers, the staff and the extended community forms an immense bond. O'Hara serves as a quintessential example of 'It takes a village to raise a child.'

Posted November 07, 2008
O'Hara Catholic School is an amazing school! My children have attended for many years and are very proud of their school. The teachers and staff do a fantasic job of supporting the children in all ways and help them to grow as a whole person, academically, spiritually, and socially. We love O'Hara!

Posted November 03, 2008
O'Hara Catholic School is an amazing community! The teachers guide the students to live out the school's motto, 'Enter to Learn. Go Forth to Serve.' O'Hara graduates are prepared for high school, life and beyond. I could not imagine sending my children to any other school!

O'hara Catholic Elementary School
715 West 18th Avenue, Eugene, OR  97402
Last modified O'hara Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
O'hara Catholic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top