Eugene, OR

Posted October 13, 2014
Marist is not a school for the meek and mild... the kids feed off the weak.. it is not as Christ centered as I was hoping. The kids are basically college minded, and act that way too. The staff encourages secularism by allowing the kids to disrespect eachother..the holy spirit has no room at dances , and all the music is bump and grind. I've known many kids to be inappropriate with eachother in person and over the phone during school time... I have taken my daughter out and I will home school her with online public school..not what I want but hey, if someone sells small class sizes, Christ centered and great academics...I'm in ! Academics is all they can sell here!

Posted April 03, 2011
Marist is an excellent high school. I consider the best school in Eugene. It offers a competitive, stimulating academic environment, and the sports are stellar. There's a plethora of clubs and activities to choose from, and it's just big enough without being too big. Really tight-knit, great teachers, great families. Not a lot of promiscuity and partying going on here. The Catholic side of Marist is there, but not in your face.

Posted March 20, 2010
I left just before the principal problems; however, I still think Marist is excellent. The elitist attitude earlier mentioned is only an issue if your child has no niche. Marist tends to have an 'everyone excels at something' attitude which is what motivates and encourages the students to do their best.

Posted December 14, 2009
Great school with high standards. Sports programs are second to none. Class subjects good challenge for majority. Teachers and administrators are available when needed.

Posted December 10, 2009
Great school with very caring teachers and staff who will go out of their way to see a student succeed. Yes there have been changes over the years and is not for every student but still one of the best learning institutions available. Three of our four children have graduated from Marist and from three different west coast universities. Each have said they were well prepared for college after leaving Marist. Our youngest, #4, will be graduating from Marist in 2010 and planning to continue onto college. More than worth the money and effort. We have seen the results and are grateful.

Posted October 10, 2009
Great combination of small school, emphasis on education, and mixed with fun especially if you kid likes athletics. 99 percent go to college and wonderful teachers who care about the students.

Posted June 24, 2009
This school was Average at best. Principles change quite frequently and that was problematic to say the least. And the students and parents have a stuck-up attitude and I agree with the other parent anbout how the school was not worth the money.

Posted June 03, 2009

Marist High School 0

Posted May 21, 2008
I am absolutely in love with my school. The entire staff wants you to succeed and goes above and beyond to help you attain your goals. Besides academic and athletic achievements Marist has helped me polish my people skills and reminds me everyday of new ways to be a good Christian example.

Marist High School 3

Posted August 10, 2007
Three different Principals took the helm while my son attended this school. That was one symptom of the problems. Very elitist attitude among parents and students. This school is simply not worth the money.

Marist High School