Posted March 08, 2013
ECS is not just our children's school, it is our family. And within this family are teachers who are so invested in my children that they take the time to get to fully know them. They know my children's struggles, the things they excel at, the things that make them nervous and so on. A huge reason they can take that time is because of the small class sizes. Right now my daughter's class has 13 students and my son's has 12. When I see the homework coming home with my kids and compare it to their friends' school work I have found that ECS is excelling academically. I am confident that when my kids graduate from ECS they will head to high school fully prepared both in their academics and a strong foundation of who they are, what they believe and their relationship with Christ. I feel so blessed to have them here.

Posted March 07, 2013
I am amazed at the quality education provided by Eugene Christian School. I love all the teachers, and the small class sizes provide a good environment for learning. All the students can participate in enrichment classes such as music, computers, and P.E., plus there are the extras like the library, art & ballet, drama, Spanish and creative electives for the middle school. I love that everything is taught with a Christian worldview. What an amaziing school!

Posted March 07, 2013
I love our school! My two boys transferred from our neighborhood school to ECS while in the third and fourth grade. We were looking for a more challenging learning environment. Before we switched to ECS they came home saying they were bored.. They don't say that anymore! They love the challenges and opportunities presented on a daily basis. As a parent I appreciate how their teachers and staff encourage them to be the best students they can be. All the research projects they do for history and science have given them a wide breadth of knowledge.. Best of all, my oldest child has chosen to continue into the ECS Middle School. I know he will be well prepared for the challenges of High School.

Posted March 07, 2013
Our children LOVE this school, and so do we as parents. Our older kids went through public school and there is just no comparison to the atmosphere at ECS. Our middle-school aged daughter thought she was not allowed to talk about God in her public school, despite us telling her otherwise. She transferred into ECS in the middle of 7th grade and was welcomed by her classmates (9 of them in the whole class!) with open arms. We have had our younger children there since preschool and have been very happy with both the curriculum as well as the staff and community. After getting involved as a parent volunteer, I have had a chance to see many different angles of the school and how it is being run. Getting involved has been the key for me, as I have seen firsthand the hearts of the teachers and staff. I know my children are loved, challenged academically, and supported spiritually in their walk with the Lord. The diversity of subjects available helps them grow and they are thriving. The smaller class sizes (both kids currently at the school have classes of 12 or less) make huge difference compared to our older kids' experience in public school.

Eugene Christian School 1

Posted March 01, 2013
Enrolled in ECS on the encouraging of some families we knew.After only 2 weeks I started suspecting some problems in my sons class.Had issues with bullying and one instance where my child came home with a bloody fat lip. After that, things went quickly downhill.First grade teacher had poor to non existent communication skills, principal is new this year and seems hesitant to show leadership.Our son had great grades and has never had an issue with any teachers in ANY other setting, but this teacher continually took away his recess and would vanquish him to a corner of the room,not before shaming him in front of the entire class. When I inquired about his behavior and what he was doing she would not give me any specifics. I happened upon two of the times she was punishing him and saw it first hand. My son had tried to tell me how his teacher hated him and was constantly angry. I wish I would've listened sooner! The teacher behaved in a reprehensible manner and the principal did nothing to encourage communication or resolve things. We had three meetings, all of which I asked for, and nothing worked.After enrolling in another local private school realized ECS is delayed in curriculum.

Posted August 28, 2011
We have really enjoyed Eugene Christian School. The teachers truly care about every student and the small class sizes allow every child to receive plenty of attention and support. They have responded well to parent needs and provide tutoring. The families who have children here are so wonderful, it has a great community-feel.

Posted December 16, 2008
This is a great school. It is academically challenging but tutoring is offered during school hours at no charge for those who need help. I have seen teachers on their knees in front of the class praying. The bible classes, sexual purity class, conflict resolution classes are amazing and something I've never seen in school before. My kids are grounded in their faith and more than ready for honors classes in high school. The teachers work together with the parent and are available to the parents at any time. My kids have played basketball and track and volleyball is also available. I love this school!!!

Eugene Christian School 0

Posted June 10, 2008
This school is so amazing. I have enjoyed being here. I have been at ECS for 9 years. The small classes allow studets to benefit even more. I am sad that I have to leave. I would reccomend this school to anyone. D.K. class of 2008

Posted August 19, 2006
- a former student
I love this school so much, and it made me sad to leave. All the teachers are so great! You can have a relationship with your teachers that you can't have anywhere else. It is an amazing academic school, & it's family oriented. Though it lacks after school programs, the community has enough activities to keep kids occupied. I have so many friends from there, & will be greatful for my parents decision to send me there for the rest of my life.

Eugene Christian School 4

Posted February 11, 2005
After being at ECS now for 8 years, it is so gratifying to see the fruits of our childrens' efforts take hold and truly blossom! ECS has provided an excellent foundation in all the basics for our children. We feel confident that they are going to be well prepared for high school and beyond. They have learned biblical truths and principals beyond what we could have taught them. We can see now how this is going to benefit them in all aspects of life as they continue to grow and mature. We can't say enough good things about the caliber of teachers at ECS. There's not enough space here to even begin to elaborate! The best thing to do is to contact the school and arrange for a classroom visit during the week. It's worth your time to see this 50-year-old gem in person!

Eugene Christian School
2895 Chad Drive, Eugene, OR  97405
Last modified Eugene Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Eugene Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top