Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Very disorganized school and the staff are not very warm and friendly. Some of the staff speak to the children as though they are annoying nuisances and have no patience for them. There is a total lack of willingness to help children who may have special needs or extra help learning. The principal is arrogant and does not do her job well.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

They are short staffed and also very oblivious to the bullies who I've witnessed picking on other kids.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My child needed accommodations and was having trouble in some areas of learning. After many requests for help from any and all staff at this school I was ignored and my requests were pushed aside. My child suffered because of it.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Absolutely not. There is none of this being taught as the staff do not show these characteristics in themselves.

Develops character: Neutral

They may help students in this area but they do not work well with some parents to ensure the influences in a child's life come from the same team. We should all be on the same team working together to ensure individual student success! Communication and perhaps being understaffed seems to be a reoccuring problem/issue.

I think it's possible this school is under staffed thus there is a lack of patients and communication among particular staff with regards to our children. I believe as a parent it is my responibility to avocate for my child, and was shunned when trying to do so. We are new to this area in the last few years and although my 2 older children are now in Jr.high and 1 in high school, I have never had one of my children be so difficult to take to Elementry school. Infact my other children simply love school! My youngest sadly can't wait for weekend's and dreads Mondays. Its concerning to me as a parent when I try to address issues mostly concerning where my child is seated by a disruptive student and or issues with bullies and they are not addressed by certain teachers or any office staff. With this being said there are certain staff/teachers that are absolutely wonderful! But as a whole system in my opinion they are failing some students and it's simply unexceptible.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It really depends on the teacher. It would be unfair to group them in one category. I will say some are wonderful.

We went to some great schools in other states--my child has never come home with a behavior report but did from Holt. She got off a line while walking at the end of recess--ridiculous. They have had a hard time keeping my daughter challenged & interested in school. We asked the social worker for some assistance with some adjustment issues our daughter was having at the school, but it took 5 months, even after multiple contacts, for her to followup

Our daughter was very nervous about starting school but that went away quickly after her first day! The teacher she got has been amazing and the principle is always willing to talk about whatever and is very friendly. She is very involved as well. Can't wait for our daughter go here for 5 more years!

My family and I moved here from Tucson, Az 4 years ago. We went from having our children in a school in which they behaved like little robots, so that they could pass tests, to Holt, where each student is valued for their uniqueness. Our kids attended this school when Kebin Boling was principal, as well as when Joyce Johnson took over. We couldn't be happier with the school. Leadership works as a team with teachers and as a team, they hold kids accountable - but without the requirement of being a little robots. We love that our kids have been able to grow into community leaders through their experiences at this school.

Last modified Holt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.