PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 30, 2015
Children flourish here. There is an amazing curriculum that is fun for the children and effective in transferring those things I care about as a parent: academic competence, social maturity, independence, empathy and so much more. Visit!

Posted January 30, 2015
The Eugene Waldorf School educated my children in a thorough, beautiful and loving way from preschool thorugh grade 8. In addition, I feel my own progression as a human being has been augmented by participating in the EWS community as a class parent, school volunteer and serving as a board member. Both of my daughters and their Waldorf classes transitioned well to public high school. My girls have exceled in the International High School program at South Eugene High School. The eldest is now a senior at OSU preparing to graduate with a degree in Merchandising Management. I am delighted with the academic success my daughters have achieved. I believe the broad, art enlivened foundation they recieved at the Eugene Waldorf School has helped them to navigate the potentially spirit stifling challenges of an institutional public education system with an inspiring combination of determination, creativity and authenticity.

Posted January 30, 2015
My son has attended the Eugene Waldorf School for 5 years. It is a wonderful school with a caring and dedicated faculty. We couldn't be happier!

Posted March 07, 2013
I highly recommend this school. It is everything I want to give my child. The teachers are the best one could find. Part of this excellence of the teachers arises from the fact that on the same campus is a Waldorf Teacher Training program. So whenever there is a teacher opening, only the very best are chosen. All of the teachers are Waldorf certified, which is not true of all Waldorf schools. The children at this school are received for who they really are. Their gifts are nurtured and they are taught a basic old-fashioned respect for other beings. They are given so many invaluable tools at this school that will nourish them through their lives. Each child here will develop her or his own unique voice and be able to contribute that voice to shaping the world. Each child learns how to play music, sing, move (in eurythmy training), act, paint, draw, knit, sew and use their hands. They are better prepared academically for high school and college than most children in public schools. But beyond that, the creative skills they acquire and the myriad ways their imaginations are fostered will serve them their whole lives. I cannot say enough good things about this school.

Posted November 05, 2009
The Eugene Waldorf School provides an education for the whole child. It is a progressive education that inspires a love of learning early so as to jet-propel its students to amazing heights on their own accord and terms. We have one child already graduated and succeeding in an acclaimed public high school, there are no Waldorf High Schools in our area sadly. We also have two more children in the midst of their education at EWS. Sadly, funding is limited and often opinions vary, however, all world changing movements have their skeptics. It is my family's belief that every child should have a Waldorf education. Public school should be Waldorf School. All children deserve to be seen and looked at like the unique, wonderful and deserving person that they are. Thank you EWS.

Posted January 26, 2009
With three girls now ages 20, 18 and 12, we've been involved in the Eugene Waldorf School for close to 15 years. This long-term relationship is a testament to the value that the school offers our children. The school struggles with administrative leadership and funding, but we have not been disappointed by the education (not limited to academics) that our children have received here. Our 18 year-old has just been accepted at University of Puget Sound with much academic scholarship aid. We have to attribute much of her success to her education at EWS. (Our 20 year-old is developmentally disabled, so further education is not on her agenda.) We've been very happy at EWS!

Posted February 13, 2008
Superb balance of art and academics. Wholistic, integrated learning. We're very happy with our experiences so far (our kids are in 1st & 3rd grades).

Eugene Waldorf School 1

Posted January 17, 2008
this school has great cuiclum,but is not very good at making there students happy

Eugene Waldorf School