Bad
Good

Willamette Leadership Academy 4

Posted June 04, 2015
I appreciate the respect for adults and community they teach. Poor parent teacher communication. My child failed all year. Worst year in six years there. t

Posted November 17, 2013
My first day was interesting. I absolutely did not want to go to this school that I actually started walking down the street.I thought it was going to be all discipline and only the bad kids go to military school All Sergeant Major wanted to do was talk to me so I went back. I was encouraged to take a opportunity that would change my life also to see if I liked this school. My parents forced me to go but as time progressed I started to really like my school to the point I loved it.and still do. I get so much help from all my teachers,and i am heard. This school has taught me discipline and respect. For the first time in a long time i believed that there is hope in the world because my school actually cares. Your sergeants will get on your case if u do wrong and make u feel bad but they will always build you back up. At first i thought my first sergeant would never understand me and I could never feel like I belong. My first sergeant Jubber is a incredible motivational leader that motivates me to always go the extra mile in everything. When I heard the words "you impressed me" I felt proud. Public school has never made me feel this way. Happy.

Posted August 12, 2013
I couldn't be happier with this school. The structure and discipline combined with actual caring from the teachers makes this school unique. I chose to take my son out of local public school (which incidentally was rated highly on Great Schools) to place him into this smaller charter school where he is more than a number. He is happy and thriving in this environment. Great that the kids wear miliitary uniforms! Mesh backpacks keep students from bringing any questionable items to school. Now for the "2" rating. This is an unfair assessment of the school, based on test scores from 2010! Read the reviews from parents, who have actual experience with the school. Many kids are sent here to get them back on track where they have fallen through the cracks in public school. Perhaps these students don't test well as a result. This should not reflect poorly on the school. My older kids attend local public school here and tell of kids coming to school stoned, ditching classes, walking off campus as they please and actual gun threats. This school would never tolerate such behavior! Bad language and bullying is immediately dealt with if it occurs. This school is personal and CARES. 5 stars!!

Posted August 06, 2013
This school helps kids with structure and discipline and academic. My son has improved in only 4 months of going to this school. Best thing I have ever done for my child..

Posted January 24, 2013
Wonderful school! The kids get more attention if they need or help if they don't understand, the students respect one another and learn respect for all others. The best choice I made was to enroll my son there.

Posted March 03, 2010
This is the best school I have ever attended. The curriculum is designed to dothings for students that no other school in the area has ever dared to do. For those who put in effort the payout is great!

Posted August 11, 2009
public schools failed my son unable to provide the discipline and structure he needed.willamette leadership academey in veneta or pico turned my student from a f-d student into a c-b student and he now has more self confidence in himself as a person

Posted March 04, 2009
I use to go to the school. It's a great school. I I'd would go back in a heartbeat.

Willamette Leadership Academy
34020 B Street, Eugene, OR  97402
Last modified Willamette Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.