Bad
Good

Posted March 15, 2015
Mrs. Sawyer and the Principal are Amazing! Made our daughter's transition into a new school AWESOME! Thank you

Posted October 23, 2013
This school is such a GREAT school. The staff is very dedicated to their students. They are friendly. Teachers volunteer lots of extra hours to make sure the students understand the work. The PTO meetings are full of wonderful parents that are dedicated to the school and the success of all the students. You know the staff at the school is wonderful when the parents, kids and staff all know one another by name.

Posted October 22, 2013
I have had children enrolled at Irving for the last 7 years. The dedication of the staff is amazing. The parents step-up to volunteer in the classrooms to try and mitigate the stresses caused by overcrowded classrooms due to budget constraints. The staff are caring and genuinely want every child to succeed. The staff knows that the Irving community supports them and that makes all the difference. It is a true teamwork situation between the staff and the parents. I could not be happier with my experience at Irving. I wish every child had the chance to attend such a wonderful school.

Posted October 22, 2013
I have had 2 children that have gone to Irving. One that has moved on to Middle School and one still attending.I have watched over the years many budget cuts and lose of teachers, music programs, counselors. It is a very sad time when schools are not a priority. Irving parents and teachers amaze me every year with the involvement in the schools. As more teachers are cut, Irving parents step it up and assist more in the classrooms. The PTO does extra fundraising to buy part time teachers to make up for the ones that we lost due to budget cuts. It is an amazing community and network of people that I can call friends.

Irving Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2013
Irving is a school with old fashioned values. While 4J is the larger district in Eugene the Bethel school district offers the opportunity for children to attend a school that still celebrates holidays, says the pledge, and is centered around good family values. The PTO here is very involved in the school and it is a kind and caring community.

Posted October 22, 2013
Great teachers with the knowledge and passion to teach our kids for the future. Budget reductions have been challenging. Yet, the staff at Irving have found every way to overcome our government's lack of support. The PTO has been essential in supporting the teachers by exceptional fundraising. Parents are involved and dedicated to help every student succeed.

Posted November 02, 2012
Irving has fantastic parent involvement in 2nd grade! I know because I teach 2nd grade. I think we should rate 5 stars!! Parents step up whenever the need arises. You can see their involvement by how most children have such a positive attitude toward learning & school. I am proud to be part of the Irving family! Mrs. Mac

Irving Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2012
We were new to Irving in 2011 when my son started 3rd grade. We had been at a 4J school whose focus was entirely set on technology. Irving has been amazing in helping my son to reach his potential and expecting great things from him. The facility itself could definitely use some upgrading, but the curriculum is great. There are music and art classes every week. There are some really awesome teachers and staff. The only thing that I would really like to see at Irving is a better technology program. The Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO) has a wonderful presence at this school. The annual back to school BBQ is a terrific start to the school year and the best part, aside from meeting the teachers at this event, is that parents have the opportunity to see the other parents in the classroom. We love Irving Elementary and are extremely grateful to have this school in our neighborhood!

Posted March 12, 2010
I can hardly believe I could find a better school than Irving. Super leadership in the principal, motivated teachers who care about students, very active parents and a super PTO. Tonight the music teacher who has won a state teaching award for her work offered to send a CD of the music program to my daughter who will miss it because we are moving away. Teachers are accessible, email, blog and meet anytime I feel it is necessary. Irving excels in spite of the lack of state funding overall for education that is hurting Oregon. Irving is exceptional.

Irving Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2010
Abominable school! Kids are degraded and seem to be in trouble for every little thing; unfortunately, that is focused on more than their accomplishments. Accomplishments and hard work are not rewarded or recognized in any way. Homework is based on the slowest learner and they are behind academically. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Irving Elementary School
3200 Hyacinth St, Eugene, OR  97404
Last modified Irving Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.