Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

OK school so far as far as the learning environment and my students success. There are a couple of things that would make the middle school years easier on the parent side. One, communication between the school and parents could use some serious improvements. At our previous school, the principal was fantastic with sending out emails about anything concerning changes or early release. My child's schedule was changed and she was pulled from a class with no email or any letter or anything coming home to me toward the beginning of this school year. Apparently it was all of 6th grade who received changed schedules out of the blue. I heard nothing from the school. Very disappointed with communication. It's not that hard to send an email to the parents. Cascade has some work to do to become a "Great School."

Since my daughter has started cascade middle school I have not seen her bring home not any type of school work that she is done in your class or even homework that they wanted to do at home?? My daughter is in a special-needs class there and I'm concerned on exactly what she does while she's there at school? I noticed when it came to budget cuts that the special needs classes seem to have the most impact . At Danabo elementary school her class was completely cut out of the entire school academics! And I recently learned that at cascade middle school they don't have any communication devices to help my daughter communicate while she's at school, and we all know that communication is very important in our children's education.

Inexperienced principal. Teachers often miss entering homework grades and enter it with differing standards between the classrooms. Often, grades are entered at the last minute before the grading cycle. Its left to the parent to nag at the teachers and principal about missing homework. The school feels its the parents fault and sends hand-written notes to the parent to sign agreements about the missing grades for the student to get extra credit, so the teacher is clear of all responsibility.

My kids transferred here from 4J and have EXCELLED while being there. The school and staff have some of THE most respectful, caring and wonderful people that I have met. Thank you Cascade Middle School.

I believe that Cascade Middle School lacks proper teaching skills. The teachers do not properly teach the students. There academic skills are not as high as they should be. It is also a dangerous environment for students.

I feel that Cascade Middle School has failed at having a safe environment for my child so that is one of the main reasons for withdrawing him Cascade Middle School. The teachers want the students to respect them but, how do respect someone that does not respect you. My child has been called Retarded by a teacher and Worthless. How is a child suppose to show respect to an adult that speaks to them in that way.

Last modified Cascade Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.