Bad
Good

Best middle school band program in Eugene! Best principal in Eugene! Great Schools needs to check its sources ... ask around - Shasta jazz band is number one in Eugene and one of the top in state. My son is safe and loved at Shasta. Principal knows every student by name! What better learning environment than one where the teachers and administrators are cognizant of your child's needs - that happens here. Choosing Shasta was great for our son.

My son attends Shasta and we have been very happy with the quality of teachers and their commitment to student success. The new principal is great and is very involved in getting the 5th graders at the feeder elementary schools ready to come to Shasta and working with the 9th graders preparing for High School. The music progam is amazing with multiple bands and choirs for the students to join. The 6th graders are kept separate from the 7th and 8th graders. My son's only complaint is too much homework. There is always help available and the teachers are dedicated to helping every student succeed. The budget cuts across the state have reduced the number of school days which puts pressure on everyone. The Bethel Bond measure will be providing much needed new computers, books and building improvements.

Shasta is an AMAZING school...i love it there! There is no other school I would rather go to and I think I speak for all the Shasta thunderbirds when I say that! I am a merit scholar at Shasta and I will be able to keep it up with all the wonderful teachers that help and support us students!

I love this school. I have been to public schools, private schools, boarding schools, homeschools, but Shasta Middle School is the best. I never felt left out, or scared. Unlike California or Arizona this school offers so much safety and comfort to their students. I wish I could still go to this school!!! Best ever. Whoever is moving from a far place like California to Oregon this is the best school!! No bullies, gangsters or any thing like California and Arizona. The teachers are the best. They treated me better than my own parents!!! I love all the students and teachers at Shasta. Please go there. There are lots of dances, fundraisers, field trips, electives, loveable teachers and students, and a safe environment!!! Can you believe i was afraid of going there at the begginng!! But then I met all my wonderfull teachers and friends and fell in love.

Love this school. As a wife of a high school teacher, I was worried about my child entering middle school and being inundated with peer pressure. This school provides a great balance of parent involvement, leadership from the top and teacher qualities. The staff is caring and friendly. We love the music programs and most of all, the ability for my child to have some of the few 'extras' that many school districts have had to cut.

I think that this is a great school i would recommend Mrs.Olson for a six grade teeacher. Mrs. robbins for a senevth grade teacher. And last but not least Mrs.King and Mr.fraser.And for an Elective i would definately put your child into Choir with David Fitch. And the wallowas has great teachers

Last modified Shasta Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.