No rating

Willamette Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 246 students

Living in Eugene

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted yesterday

Willamette Christian School is providing our daughter with an outstanding education that is truly faith-based. We have been extremely impressed with the commitment and high integrity of the staff, teachers and parents at Willamette Christian School. We are so thankful that we are able to provide this opportunity for our daughter, and would highly recommend this school to any parents looking to give their child an outstanding education that goes far beyond what they could experience at any public school.

Posted December 16, 2013

My son has been attending WCS's preschool for the last two years. He is a very social kid and he has thrived at Willamette. The teachers are wonderful and we are so thrilled with the direction Dr. E and the other leadership have taken the school in the last couple years. They truly care about the students and the families. That is not the case in most public schools these days. I would highly recommend WCS both for the bible-based education as well as the excellent academics.

Posted July 21, 2012

Academically this school is great. As far as a being a Christian school the deity is not represented correctly. My daughter was confused about what Jesus looked like according to history and the Bible with burnished bronze feet and hair like wool. Jesus is depicted in every painting picture and curriculum at this school with blue eyes white skin and sandy blonde hair. It just is a Lie.

Posted March 14, 2011

My daughter came to WCC from public schools. She entered WCC in her 5th grade year feeling she was stupid and incapable of learning. Now, 2 years later she is excelling! Her grades are above average to excellent, and she is learning at levels beyond her public school friends. She is excited to be at school and my husband and I are grateful for the fantastic staff.......

Posted March 25, 2009

My daughter goes to preschool here and loves it! No complaints at all!

Posted October 29, 2008

I am a 8th grade student this year and have attended since kindergarten. This school is definatly not an easy school and the curriculum is hard sometimes but most of the teachers are excellent and will help you if you ever have a problem, school related or not. My only objection is the rule are some-what over the top, but of coarse what student agrees with rules?

Posted November 28, 2007

I rate this school 4+ as far as academics. The children have a very full curriculum and are worked very hard. I haven't heard one child say they don't like WCS. However, this school is not especially directed at or ment to be directed toward slow learners. There is no time for much, if any, one on one help.

Posted August 21, 2007

This school is so fun and I have learned so much from the wonderful inspiring teachers.

Posted July 20, 2007

I'm going to be in 8th grade this year and WCS is just excellent!! The academics, environment, size, and teachers are great! It has strengthened my relationship with Jesus so much. It is definitely woth the money.

Posted December 2, 2006

I am now attending WCS as an 8th grade student and it is a great school! I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity of going to this school! It has been a blessing on my life! I've just recently gone through some really tough times in my life .. but my fellow classmates and teachers have been a huge help in my life! I could be an half hour late to class needing prayer and they would just pray for me on the spot whenever I need prayer! Everyone at WCS has been a big influence on my life! I know that I wouldn't be the same Amanda that I am right now if I hadn't have been going to this school! They all make it feel like my 2nd home! They haven't only helped me get a great education but also to grow in Jesus Christ!

Posted November 20, 2006

As a graduated student from this school, I can honestly say I would have rather attended no other school. I transferred to WCS my eigth grade year, and I was heavily against it at the start. I was afraid that the kids would be exclusive and stuck up, and that the curriculum would be too difficult. My first week actually going to that school, I was pleasantly surprised. All of the students are bright, fun, and inviting. I am not religious, but the bible teacher there did not force any of his beliefs upon me. He actually helped me by educating me in a religion I didn't know much about. The sports programs are great as well. I played basketball, and the coach was great. We won state! GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted October 25, 2006

WCS is a safe, caring environment for children to receive a quality education. The teaching is grounded in Biblical truth. My children have a strong sense of their faith and how it is the foundation of their lives - thanks in part to the dedicated staff @ WCS. The sports program is excellent with an emphasis on team building and support. Two of my children have graduated from WCS and a third is currently attending. They have received an education and school experience that far outpaces their piers in the public school setting.

Posted August 15, 2006

My children have attended WCS since preschool (Pre-3). My daughter's now in fifth grade and my son's in second. Even though I don't agree 100% with the theology of the church that WCS is based upon, I can recommend WCS without reservation. The teachers have been caring, dedicated, respectul and truly concerned with students' lives, not just students' performance. The music program is excellent--numerous concerts throughout the year, band, and a gifted, enthusiastic music director. Parents are involved in every aspect of the school day. My theology differences have not been an issue. An atmosphere of acceptance and love exists at WCS, with multiple positive role models for my children in the teachers, staff and parents they interact with daily. My kids want to stay at WCS until eighth grade (the last grade offered at WCS)--we'll be staying.

Posted June 29, 2006

Excellent school with great teacher to student ratio. My daughter loved her 3 years at WCS. Still talks about her experiences there. Well worth the sacrifice that private schools can be financially, only wished I had discovered it sooner.

Posted June 1, 2006

This is the best school ever! The Bible teacher for the middle school is the best! When a student is sick they give them one day per day sick to finish the homework. Go to this school!

Posted October 20, 2004

Willamette Christian School has been a great place for my son. He has been there since the first grade and he is now in the third grade. He is a very bright student who needed a school with structure, sound academic standards, and a Christian-based curriculum. I have found the teachers to be supportive not only with any academic challenges that might come up, but also with how the student is doing in their life. I am a single parent who makes financial sacrifices to put my son through private school and I would not have placed him at Willamette Christian nor kept him at the school if I thought it was not meeting his needs. I would strongly recommend this school.

Posted July 7, 2004

Willamette Christian School is truly a Christian School in deed as well as in name. It has one of the best Bible teachers in the middle school. When my son graduated he was truly prepared to face the onslaught of a public high school and the many challenges a Christian young person faces. Very practical Christianity is taught that works in everyday life. Teachers will e-mail assignments to students in an effort to help student as much as possible to suceed in their middle school years. The music program is awesome with two high quality concerts presented each year by students in the 3 year old pre-school through Middle School. The middle school sports program adds a great measure of fun and character building experiences. A student must put forth effort to achieve at WCS. Mrs. Crow is a very awesome tutor for those who have dyslexic problems. Great school!

Posted April 24, 2004

l.First year principal quit.Replacement unable to make decisions without monthly 'board' approval. School& church won't give name of members to whom one can write (no calls returned). 2.Teachers lable boredom& frustration as 'rebellion'. State 'don't have time' to advise if 3-weeks of homework missing in 3-classes. Grades reflect homework not ability(tests). Late homework is an'F-', no excuse for illness. Rigid rules excessive homework (parents teach from the homework). 3.Parents not allowed in classroom'too disruptive'. 4.Projects using superglue, squirted like water!(new jeans/later new shirt, splashed on sleeves/back/shoulder) only 3' from eyes. 5.Bright children won't do well. Enrollment test at same level as re-test 6mons. later at new school. Still above grade level but no advancements. 6.Contract required 30-day withdrawl notice.We paid 'in full' beginning of year. School says '30-School-Days notice',after student leaves.(2-3mons. actual notice). I'm an x-teacher!!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACSI
  • ACTS
  • NCSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 22108