Eugene, OR

Posted March 05, 2014
Every day when I ask my sixth-grader, "how was school today?" I get the same response: "Awesome! As usual." We didn't know what to expect, coming from another school district, not knowing anyone. I am most impressed with the staff and teachers. They create a culture of acceptance, and opportunity. The sky's the limit for students! They have gone above and beyond to help my son to succeed. He even has a teacher that we call his "secret weapon" because he is such an advocate for him. My son feels that he can talk to this teacher about anything...and he does. So great to have that kind of support. Lots of electives. And classes are taught integrating technology and creativity. Awesome school.

Posted September 22, 2011
I LOVE ATA. I have children in both Middle and Grade School and the teachers are innovative, energetic, and motivating. The support for parents and teachers from Jeff (Principal) and Shadiin (VP) is amazing and thorough. All the teachers both my children have had for the past three years have been responsive in person, via phone or email- they send regular reports and website links, in short THEY WORK HARD! I have never had an unresponsive teacher and I've worked with 12 different ones. The warm community created at ATA is unique and creates a very healthy environment for kids to grow and learn. Both my children feel comfortable talking with teachers and administrators and they are both the shy kind of kids :) It is a fabulous school

Arts And Technology Academy At Jefferson 3

Posted April 27, 2011
I had high hopes moving my son to ATA as he didn't fare very well at his last school. I have to say that we came to this school based on the rave reviews I read here. Well ATA has been somewhat of a disappointment. Yes, the front office staff has been great, very helpful. On the other hand, I'm not so impressed with his teacher. I don't get any progress reports, and his papers (other than homework that I've already seen) are never sent home. I get nothing to gauge his progress with. I don't get any indication if he needs extra help with anything of if he's doing a terrific job. I'm also disappointed that an elementary school would have music 3 times a week but PE only once. I'm all for the arts but, young kids need to move. I'm grateful that Eugene has school choice because if things don't improve in middle school, we will be looking for another school.

Posted April 25, 2010
Arts and Technology Academy at Jefferson in Eugene, OR 97405 has a rock climbing wall, a sound studio, ceramics and lots of kids to play with!

Posted April 23, 2010
I love the staff and teachers for all their patience and caring. No matter what the problem is they are always there to help my child in any way they can. They communicate with us as parents wonderfully. Thank you ATA.

Posted April 23, 2010
My granddaugter goes to Arts and Tech and they have been nothing but wonderful with her. This school is an amazing place where teachers care and staff is helpful.

Posted April 22, 2010
I love the social justice curriculum and the commitment to our community to engage youth. The teachers clearly care and make a difference in my childrens' lives.

Posted April 22, 2010
My daughter has flourished in Miss Natalie's Kindergarten class. Every time I sit down to help with her homework I am astounded by the improvements in her ability to read, write, and comprehend the material provided. I truly have appreciated Natalie and her assistant Tana's open minded disposition, and willingness to consider my daughter as a unique individual in a busy classroom. Thank you Miss Natalie and Tana! Your efforts have made a huge impact on my daughter's future success in life and provided a great foundation for her education.

Posted April 22, 2010
I love ATA because they include the arts & technology as a part of education, which is a great balance for kids in our ever evolving world. I also love that the school is K-8, & kids can help out in other grades, while the great teachers can show them how to be a role model to their peers & younger grades. I feel that ATA is always improving & just keeps getting better & better each year.

Posted April 22, 2010
The wonderful teachers, staff and administration. Plus great students and parents.

Arts And Technology Academy At Jefferson
1650 West 22nd Ave, Eugene, OR  97405
Last modified Arts And Technology Academy At Jefferson is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arts And Technology Academy At Jefferson Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top