Bad
Good

Crest Drive Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2011
This school, principal and teachers in general refuse to even discuss problems in the school. The principal is very defensive and responds to parental concerns as is it were a personal criticism of him. This school is fine, as long as the parents and children fit in and do not bring up any concerns or issues or "go against the flow"

Posted December 31, 2010
We recently moved to Eugene and I was fortunate to get one of my children into Crest through the choice system. He wakes up every morning and asks, "Is it a school day?" "Yes""Yayyyyyy!" My other child, at our neighborhood school, is not enthusiastic at all. In his previous school, my son was inattentive and not challenged. The teachers at Crest know how to pull the best out of each child, in a nurturing way. The principal, Joe Alsup, is authoritative in a warm way, and receives the utmost respect. Parents are involved without being overwhelmed. There is such a great energy at this school which is synergistic: great leadership, great teachers, beautiful location, good families. The best school that I've experienced over parenting in three states!

Posted October 04, 2009
Great teachers who care about the individual!

Posted October 03, 2009
Our school I always at the top of list when it comes to reading, writing and math scores. Our teacher are dedicated and often work until 8:00pm and on weekends to ensure our students get the best possible education. Our budget shrinks every year and this year teacher are working 5 contracted days without pay so that our district did not have to cut new teachers. Our parents have raised funds to pay for our P.E., music and tech teachers. Our library assistant (We have not had a librarian for 20 years) is funded through the PTA. Dedication from staff and parents allow for out school to provide the best education on very limited funds. Sincerely, Debra Banks (Library and Special Ed assistant)

Posted May 19, 2007
Crest Drive is an excellent school and I would recommend this school to anyone. My kids used to go there until we moved to another area, and we have had the blues ever since. Crest parents are very positive and stay involved in activities; Joe Alsup is the principal and he is very passionate about the school; and the teachers are all so enthusiastic and dedicated to their students. I knew I could trust the staff to communicate important information to me, and I loved how the teachers made learning fun for my kids. Crest also has 3 great fundraisers each year and kids are never asked to sell anything. They set the bar for my expectations and I miss having my kids attend there.

Crest Drive Elementary School
1155 Crest Dr, Eugene, OR  97405
Last modified Crest Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5