Eugene, OR

Posted May 08, 2014
My told me that he like this school, a lot of his classmates are helping him out and teachers are not yelling at them. I noticed my child's progress and confidence. Staff are friendly and can handle matters well.

Posted October 08, 2013
My kids are in school and we found that Gilham is an excellent school. I recommend others to have a similar experience.

Gilham Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2013
I have 2 children in Gilham. One has had a good experience, the other one has had horrible teachers so far. Lacking structure, supervision, and true 'teaching" of the students. The principal unwilling to work with you to ensure your child is getting the best possible education. You have a chance to get a few great teachers, but you also have the chance to get one that is flat out negligent. You are rollng the dice by going here.

Gilham Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2013
This was the worst school my child attended. My child went there for 2 years and had one great teacher, the other teacher was a nightmare. The principle has severe anger issues. As soon as we were able to afford it, we placed our children in private school. Not all public schools are terrible, but this one is. If private school is not an option, look into any other alternative.

Posted November 24, 2012
I have only had positive experiences from this school, the staff, teachers and principal. I have one child left at Gilham (I have two children who graduated from Gilham). I feel very included in the school and my kids all loved every year there.

Posted March 13, 2012
Gilham Elementary School is the best school in Eugene. They teach great values and have challenging academics. I've never seen a school have such strong values. They really practice what they preach and the students are kind and well behaved because of it. The teachers are very educated and are great with their students. The school has tons of activities and programs to enrich the students lives and they strongly encourage parent involvement. I am a parent of a student at Gilham and I am truely impressed. I would recommend this school to everyone and have to many people I know.

Gilham Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2012
Who wrote these reviews?? This has been the worst experience we have had with an elementary school. Teachers are good but the principal is the worst. Bullying is absolutely tolerated and don't let the guy loose his temper...I was in a parent meeting where he was blatantly yelling at parents that had some tough questions for him. THIS is supposed to be the best school and neighborhood in Eugene??? Yikes! We moved to the area for the school and plan on moving back to anywhere but here because of the experiences we have had. Oh and by the way...this district is so over budget they have a 4th and 5th grade class together because they cannot afford 2 teachers and class sizes are 33+. Dont move to this area for the school.

Posted June 02, 2011
Our kids had a great experience at Gilham. We still ride our bikes to Gilham to remember the "good old days" and play on the playground and in the field there. It's a very kind and thoughtful community of teachers. They work very hard for the kids. Gig Nelson the principal is AWESOME and sets the example for what other principals should strive to be. He really makes the school feel like a positive place to be. We miss Gilham - wish the Gilham spirit had carried over into Cal Young Middle School and Sheldon High School (the schools which Gilham feed into), but sadly, it simply doesn't.

Posted January 26, 2010
Principal is excellent. His faculty is a mixed bag but at least they have a great leader.

Posted July 07, 2009

Gilham Elementary School
3307 Honeywood St, Eugene, OR  97401
Last modified Gilham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gilham Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top