Posted January 20, 2013
I teach at Howard Elementary and have taught there for almost 10 years now. We are a small school with two teachers at each grade level. Every teacher in the school is very highly qualified and extremely passionate about their job and meeting the needs of all students in their classroom. We provide many opportunities for students to receive support in reading, math and writing. We also have infused technology into every classroom. Each student at Howard has their own MacBook, while classrooms are equipped with SmartBoards, projectors, digital cameras, iTouches, and many other fun devices that are used as very creative tools for learning. We will soon be "rolling out" iPads in the classrooms as well for students to use. As a teacher, I can't imagine teaching anywhere else. We truly are a family here. I often call our school, our hidden little gem. I am open for any questions or comments at any time! I would love to share our school and the great things we are doing.

Posted August 31, 2011
My son started going to Howard his kindergarten year and is starting second grade this year. He absolutely loves going to school, which is a great sign for me. I love the teacher's, and how passionate they all are. It's a smaller school, which is nice. However, it has a big emphasis on technology, which can be overlooked in many smaller schools. The PTO is very inclusive, and all of the teacher's have worked hard to allow me to volunteer in the class as I can. In short, I'm looking forward to many more years at Howard as my two son's continue :-D

Posted October 11, 2010
My daughter was transferred in from another 4J school, and her academic progress shot through the roof! The teachers are wonderful, down to earth and very relate-able people. I've moved away from that school zone, and refuse to transfer so I'm driving her in!!

Posted February 22, 2005
My 2 daughters have gone to Howard from k-4, the school has been so good for them. They love their teachers and are very happy there. I would recommend Howard to any parent.

Howard Elementary School
700 Howard Ave, Eugene, OR  97404
Last modified Howard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howard Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.