Posted August 27, 2014
This is a Spanish/English Dual Immersion neighborhood school. It has a wonderful community feel, passionate and talented teachers and support staff, an energetic and committed new principal, and a parent group devoted to helping make it a great place for our kids to learn, play, and connect with the community. The dual immersion focus in this diverse neighborhood in Eugene creates a natural opportunity for students to learn in their native language (English or Spanish) while becoming proficient in a second language. The school also provides opportunities for students and families to learn about and celebrate Latino cultural traditions.

River Road/El Camino Del Rio Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2014
Both my son and daughter have gone through River Road (Camino del Rio) and loved it. I especially enjoy the cultural connections made between the program and extracurricular activities such as marimba, dia de los muertos, Fiesta and field trips. This school offers a rich set of experiences for kids that help them to love the language and become global citizens.

Posted July 25, 2010
Our son has loved his time at River Road. Great teachers and principal. The new dual language spanish program is the best model I have ever seen. Students are in classes with half native speaking students and half native english speaking students. The students help each other and the english speaking students get access to proper pronunciation unlike what you can get if you are in an all english speaking immersion program.

Posted March 20, 2010
Our daughter loved River Road/El Camino del Rio all of the six years she was there. Great teachers, great principal, wonderful parent group (in which I was quite active). Our only regret-- Spanish/English immersion started the year she graduated to middle school--we wish she could have gone through this excellent program!

Posted May 11, 2009
Our Daughter has attended River Road for the past 3 years and we are very pleased with the schoool as a whole. We have a daughter who is happy to go to school and learning at her grade level or above. We as parents, are very involved and volunteer at the school often. As far as better choices in the 4J district.....RR is a great choice for us being only 8 blocks away by bicycle...class sizes also remain smaller than most 4J schools and the school is culturally mixed...something you don't find much of in Eugene.....a big plus!

Posted March 17, 2009
My son has been at River Road Elementary for two years now and I could not be more impressed. The teachers and staff are amazing. The principal integrates himself into the students lives and the inner workings of his school thoroughly. The school menu is healthy and the extra-curricular activities are wonderful. I was not impressed with River Road Elementary when I was a student there about 20 years ago, but Paco Furlan has truly changed the face and character of that school. I would not want my child anywhere else.

River Road/El Camino Del Rio Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2008

River Road/El Camino Del Rio Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2007
Basically River Road offers little if any real growth for students, no music, art and limited extracurricular activities. Teachers have a very high turnover rate. As a matter of fact my son's teachers have left the school the following year, every year he has been there. Historically River Road is near or at the bottom in state reading exams. There are Way better options available to 4j students then River Road.

Posted October 01, 2005

River Road/El Camino Del Rio Elementary School
120 West Hilliard Ln, Eugene, OR  97404
Last modified River Road/El Camino Del Rio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Road/El Camino Del Rio Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top