Eugene, OR

Willagillespie Elementary School 5

Posted January 03, 2015
We moved to Eugene this year so we are new to this school. This school is going through its own transition with the appointment of a new principal, and so far I am highly impressed. I heard extremely negative things about the last principal from other reviewers and neighbors who had incredibly negative experiences with her. However, Dr. J is really engaged, very warm, and he seems to get what the kids need to be successful. I love his philosophy on learning, which is based on supporting kids efforts and NOT their results or "intelligence". A favorite thing he wrote in a school newsletter, was explaining why he pushes for so many fun activities on the school property both during and outside of school hours. He said that many children struggle academically or have other fears and anxieties about school that can make them not want to attend, so we need to create experiences on the property that are fun, in order to provide these children with positive experiences that will help them not be adverse to coming to school. I just loved hearing that as a parent, and I think it really shows in how my own children are blossoming and loving their new school. We absolutely love this school.

Willagillespie Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2012
I agree, we just found out that Stella has locked our grandson in a closet/room next to her office for over 2 hours. This is a child that has gone through extreme trauma and already has trust and safety issues, so for her to treat him in such a manner is beyond unacceptable. Our attorney will be dealing with this matter, given she now denies her actions. I would love to hear from other parents that have experienced problems with Stella Dodson.

Willagillespie Elementary School 5

Posted October 02, 2012
The school has expanded for Fall 2012. My children are receiving a good education, and to date have had tremendous teachers. The Principal keeps us informed and is passionate about her teachers, students and school.

Willagillespie Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2012
the school it self is old and out dated, the teachers are pretty nice but dont seem to offer much help to those in need. classes are mixed with grades because they cant even afford to employ a couple more teachers. And the principal, Stella Dadson, is awful! Very disrespectful to parents, over steps her boundaries as well. The school would be a better place without her.

Willagillespie Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2011
So far it is an excellent school. My son is on first grade. His teacher is great, the principal is wonderful. I love it!!!

Willagillespie Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
Teachers, students and parents work as a team to improve the school's learning environment. Students respond well to the variety of before and after school activities that Willa-G offers. Strengths include its teachers, parent/community volunteers and a strong commitment for all students to succeed in a nurturing and enriching environment.

Willagillespie Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2009
We love this school, my son David has attended Willagillespie for over 1 year and doing well. This school has a wonderful staff team, and a wonderful principal Stella Dadson.

Willagillespie Elementary School
1125 Willagillespie Rd, Eugene, OR  97401
Last modified Willagillespie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willagillespie Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top