Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

I haven't heard of many issues of bullying at RMS but one girl that I used to know actually left because of bullying problems so I think that it could be an issue.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Nothing ever happens to students who want to make change. We are ignored. The sole purpose o student government is to design anti-bullying posters.

Develops character: Neutral

I haven't noticed any strong character development in this school. Usually, student voice is ignored, which is odd considering the fact that the administration loves to act like they care and like RMS is an amazing school for student voice.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most of the teachers are worn out and spend too much time either trying to be the "cool teacher" or reviewing homework in an endless monotonous cycle. End Of Story

Amount of homework: Disagree

Personally, I wasn't given much homework at this school, but the homework I did get was pretty meaningless and I didn't feel that it contributed to my understanding of the material. I would rather have teachers give me really in-depth work about the world around me and allow me to have autonomy to decide some of the things I learn.

This school has been great for my child. Since starting at this school this year my child has been talking to me again and overall his old self, from before he went to middle school. Last year at another middle school in the Bailey Hill area, he was very quiet and never wanted to talk about school. Some days he would brake down and scream and cry how he hates a few kids that were making life rough for him. This was very out of character for him. With all that said this school has made it extremely tough on my family and I this year. My wife and I are going through a seperation after 18 years of marriage. I moved out and rented a home in the Roosevelt area. I had no idea that this was so desirable. My child has chosen to stay with me most of the time. Its nothing personal against his mother we just do more together. When moving I asked him if he wanted to stay at that other school or go try Roosevelt. He jumped at it. Since then, my family has been put through absolute scrutiny. We have been called liars and cheaters by the adminstration. I was told they will asign a PI to verify where I live. I welcome all this but cant it be done without my kid being affected by it?

My child is just starting here, and so far I am disappointed with the classes she is enrolled in. The administrators will tell you up front they have a "social justice" curriculum. The sad thing is that the large majority of parents have no idea there is such a thing or what it means. It is the legacy of deconstruction and post modernism (now discredited and passe every where else (see Sokol Affair). It is certainly left of center and little more than indoctrinating the kids into the staff's subtle social and political agenda. Just look at the curriculum guide. "Hear Our Voices" "Legacy of Power". Those, of course, are language arts classes. The staff and teachers unstated goal is to turn these kids into future activists and crusaders for social change. The sad thing is that kids leave here with little knowledge of the world around them (aside from abuses perpetrated by dominant cultures) and how it came to be. They will, however, be perfect tools for future despots who will rule over a sadly manipulable populace. The sad thing is that these teachers don't trust the kids to come to eventual enlightened views themselves. A 4J teacher gets tenure after 3 years...now that is power!

I'm going into tenth grade once the summer's over, but I went to RMS all three years. I loved it. The teachers were great (for the most part) and the sense of community is great. Or at least I think so. I've heard stories from other kids about their middle schools being not so great, but I don't know for sure, not having ever gone to a different middle school. We don't have a very clique-y atmosphere, which I like, having lots of different interests. My one complaint would be about the administrative staff, who were rather unhelpful. Some were friendly, some were pretty unwelcoming. Overall though, I loved my experience at Roosevelt and if given the choice and a time machine, I would not go to Spencer Butte, Kennedy, or any other middle school in Eugene. Do keep in mind, though, that staffing changes happen often, even in the one year since I went there, so be prepared for this review to be somewhat inaccurate. a student from South Eugene High School, into which most RMS students go.

I LOVE ROOSEVELT so much i am goiung for my second and i just simply love it there we have alot of choices if anyone does notknow where to send there kid PICK ROOSEVELT GO RMS ROUGHRIDERS

RMS is all about choice! students get to design their program from a variety of classes . . . Especially from the performing arts! all students are assigned a house where a teacher meets their individual needs and advocates for each one.

Last modified Roosevelt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.