Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted August 08, 2016
Unfortunately, this school focuses way more on athletics than academics and there are way too many children who slip through the cracks. My son and daughter have both attended this school and neither enjoyed it. It is a very wealthy, snobby school focused on athletics, who you know and who has money. Too many students at this school to have any one on one time when needed. I have moved my daughter to a different, much better high school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 08, 2016
My daughters Spanish teacher was wonderful. He helped when she needed it with schoolwork, would be available before or after school and always tried to help if there were any issues

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 08, 2016
Some teachers were great and helpful, some not so much. A couple teachers never replied to my emails or phone calls concerning my daughter but there was one in particularly who was very involved and determined to help fix what was going on.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 08, 2016
If your parents are donors, you get treated differently, too many kids to take care of issues such as bullying, one on one help with schoolwork, etc

Posted July 21, 2016
Do not send your children here. If they are an athlete and you are not connected your child will not play. If you are looking for an education they are rated at 14% of the graduating class is considered college ready. Teachers are apathetic, lethargic and pitiful. Led by an administration that will not even take the time to meet with you.

Posted February 18, 2015
I went to sheldon for my freshman year and the first trimester of my sophomore year. I only went for that last trimester because I HAD too.I am in my sophomore this year and I have transferred to North Eugene High School and it was honestly the best choice I've ever made. The teachers are nice, unlike the ones at sheldon who seem to not even care if you need help and just gloss over you if you don't play sports, and the student body is all around nicer than the students at sheldon. Drug problems are less than at Sheldon with kids here being properly educated and the classes are fun so students hardly skip as often. While at Sheldon you are expected to somehow make time out of a already busy schedule to see teachers for help, North offers OAT time which means that when we get out at 2:45 you can visit with teachers until 3:30 almost everyday. Sheldon is the worst school I have ever been too and it is not organized, mean, and not a positive environment to be in.

Posted September 04, 2014
Worst high school ever!! Do not send your kids to this school!! I have nothing good to say!! The other poor reviews say it all!! Believe them, they are all true!! Poorly ran campus!!!

Posted July 02, 2014
worst school my child has ever attended. whatever you do don't send your child to this school you will regret it

Posted November 30, 2013
I am at a loss as to how this school could be a 9 out of 10. My daughter attended Sheldon and I found the disinterest of the faculty and staff appalling. Class sizes far exceeded the ability of even the best teachers to handle, drug use was rampant, and kids wandered onto and off of campus at will. Fortunately, my daughter was able to avoid the negative influences. Unfortunately, getting the classes she needed was impossible. There were several terms where she could only get into three classes - hardly a full load. I started sending her to Lane Community College so she would be at least slightly challenged. As far as I am concerned, this school is a joke.

Sheldon High School 2

Posted November 24, 2013
My oldest graduated from Sheldon two years ago, and my youngest was there until last year when I transferred him elsewhere. If your child is in one of the "special" programs like International High School or Honors, they may get a decent education. If you are in the "comprehensive" program, your student won't get an education. I don't know where this website gets the average student to teacher ratio, but my neither of my sons had fewer than 35 students in any class. Just too large for even the most competent teacher to handle. While there are some excellent teachers at this school, they are concentrated in the IHS and Honors programs. The rest of the students get teachers who just don't care. While anyone can send their kids through the IHS route, the model of learning is not suited to the way many kids learn; my oldest son made excellent grades but hated it, so I tried to transfer him to the Honors program (he was a straight A student in middle school). I was told he did not qualify, even though his middle school teachers recommended him for the program. He graduated from the comprehensive program with a 3.9 but was not at all ready for college. This school totally failed us.

2455 Willakenzie Rd, Eugene, OR  97401
Last modified Sheldon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.