Posted September 04, 2014
Worst high school ever!! Do not send your kids to this school!! I have nothing good to say!! The other poor reviews say it all!! Believe them, they are all true!! Poorly ran campus!!!

Posted July 02, 2014
worst school my child has ever attended. whatever you do don't send your child to this school you will regret it

Posted November 30, 2013
I am at a loss as to how this school could be a 9 out of 10. My daughter attended Sheldon and I found the disinterest of the faculty and staff appalling. Class sizes far exceeded the ability of even the best teachers to handle, drug use was rampant, and kids wandered onto and off of campus at will. Fortunately, my daughter was able to avoid the negative influences. Unfortunately, getting the classes she needed was impossible. There were several terms where she could only get into three classes - hardly a full load. I started sending her to Lane Community College so she would be at least slightly challenged. As far as I am concerned, this school is a joke.

Sheldon High School 2

Posted November 24, 2013
My oldest graduated from Sheldon two years ago, and my youngest was there until last year when I transferred him elsewhere. If your child is in one of the "special" programs like International High School or Honors, they may get a decent education. If you are in the "comprehensive" program, your student won't get an education. I don't know where this website gets the average student to teacher ratio, but my neither of my sons had fewer than 35 students in any class. Just too large for even the most competent teacher to handle. While there are some excellent teachers at this school, they are concentrated in the IHS and Honors programs. The rest of the students get teachers who just don't care. While anyone can send their kids through the IHS route, the model of learning is not suited to the way many kids learn; my oldest son made excellent grades but hated it, so I tried to transfer him to the Honors program (he was a straight A student in middle school). I was told he did not qualify, even though his middle school teachers recommended him for the program. He graduated from the comprehensive program with a 3.9 but was not at all ready for college. This school totally failed us.

Posted September 10, 2013
Sheldon is a high school of integrity, fairness, and opportunity. Integrity because, don't do things just because the other high schools do. Sheldon administrators look for ways that make sense for Sheldon students, teachers and parents. All schools makeups are different. Fairness, because everyone is given an equal shot at learning. Again, the make-up of the student body is taken into consideration and all are treated with fairness and as individuals. Even with the large number of students enrolled, the administration/teachers manage to single out those that need help, while not ignoring the masses that fall in the academic middle. Opportunity because, there are so choices. Choices in classes, times, and ways of learning. This school uses imagination in its ciriculum offerings. Something for everyone. It's a school that prepares its students for future life, while at the same time letting them be students and allowing them to act their age -- as imature as that is. The parent support is superb! The teachers are superb! the administration is superb! All in all, it's an over populated school that feels just right.

Posted September 10, 2013
I have graduated one (2010) from the Sheldon SI/IHS/IB program and one junior at the school now. My 2010 graduate went on to OSU in EE and has felt from the start that his IHS curriculum prepared him well for the load he now manages in college. His transition was smooth and he has been excelling in college. While there is no perfect school, we feel our needs are being met and we appreciate the staff and curriculum our kids have had available to them. There have been a few teachers that have been disappointing but this is the real world and our kids are going to encounter difficult personalities through-out their life and they need to learn how to cope with them. Both my kids have participated in school sports and have enjoyed their respective programs. The track program in particular is blessed with some very committed and above-and-beyond coaches. Some have commented on evidence of students smoking/drinking etc. I don't think you will find a school that doesn't have this. IMO, this is where parenting enters the equation, helping your kids to make the right choices. We are lucky to have a school like Sheldon in our district!

Sheldon High School 2

Posted August 12, 2013
There have been no reviews since 2011 and this is long overdue. My 2 kids attend Sheldon. Registration day last year was the first negative experience as my kids had classes on their schedules that were never requested. The school just threw classes on and then advises you take it up with scheduling (that hour-long line). After trips to scheduling and the counselor, things were still askew. My son (4.0 junior and honor student) ended up with only TWO classes. Now for the social aspect. Students walk on and off campus as they please. Kids come back from lunch stoned and boasting about it. There is blatant disrespect for teachers. I am fortunate to have kids who stay away from that influence and have found some quality friends. Positives about this school is that the counselors and principal seem to care--once you have made your student known to them. If you do not want your child to fall through the cracks or get off track, make sure to pay attention and keep in contact with their counselor; I cannot stress the importance of this. In order to help your child succeed, watch their schedules and stay on top of things. "9" rating is based on 2010 test scores. This needs updating!

Sheldon High School 3

Posted June 02, 2011
13 reviews and only two from actual parents. I'll chime in... So far, I'm not impressed. We're just finishing up our freshman year so hopefully it was just a rocky start - but we do not like how they break the year up into terms (meaning - a student can go over a year without math), we do not like off-campus lunch (sorry kids), we do not like how the campus is right next door to a really bad apartment complex, we are not impressed by the kids we see walking to school smoking joints, we are not impressed with all the beer cans we find in bushes around the side and back area of the school, and we are not impressed with all the discrepencies in notes home and on th website with regards to dates/times/info, etc. Also, we were treated very rudely by two different staff members on two different occassions which left us feeling as though we'd be better off homeschooling. The freshman counselor we love. The main office lady we love. But we don't care for the Sheldon arrogance and the emphasis placed on competitive sports. If your student is into sports, Sheldon would be a good fit. Otherwise... it's not the only high school worth checking out.

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers at Sheldon High School really taught me a lot and I am proud to say I went there. If I had children or even grandghildren I would want them to go to Sheldon High because in my eyes there is no better school.

Posted August 12, 2009

Sheldon High School
2455 Willakenzie Rd, Eugene, OR  97401
Last modified Sheldon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheldon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top