Bad
Good

I've only been there one year, but I have three more coming up. I highly recommend South.We may not have a huge number of electives to choose from, but the classes that are taught are taught very well, especially English 9 Honors. I can't use names in this review, but trust me, if you see the Honors English teacher there, you'll know it's him. He's awesome. Not to detract from the abilities of the other teachers, who are also good, for the most part. We also have great extra-curricular activities, including a world-class petanque team (I have no idea what petanque is) and a history of a national level ultimate team. That's ultimate frisbee, which is a real sport, for those of you who've never heard of it. If you do go there, I recommend Classic South, as opposed to IHS, which can be a lot of busy work and stress. That said, by the end of the year, I did get a bit burnt out by the stress despite being in Classic. That's why I only gave this awesome school four stars out of five. The homework can be a bit much, especially if you take a lot of advanced classes like I do. And by the way, I agree with the last post. South is not a cliquey school at all. The environment is wonderful.

Someone said something about how "cliquey" this school was. This person has never gone to another school before. I was extremely miserable and unaccepted at my old school, which was incredibly cliquey. When I moved to South, I had never been happy. Whether you're interest is in math or Japan or pie, you'll find friends here. On top of that, the education system is fantastic. I'v heard great things about the IB curriculum, and as an AP student, I can say I loved my classes. The school was active in the community and did a ton of the things to keep the students involved, even if many chose not to do so. I'm very sad I only got to spend one year here. Honestly, I had never been happier than when I went to this school. The one downside to it is the fact the area is expensive, but I think it is worth it for the experiences and education you'll receive from South.

Excellent school, wonderful teachers that challenge there students, students work hard and achieve ivy league status. Student body really open and accepting over everyone and an over all peace loving atmosphere. No other school like it in the world. Lets, go, Axemen.

I'll be moving out of state soon, and South is going to be one of the things I'll miss the most. Aft 2 years at South, I fell in love with it. The IHS program is absolutely amazing, you'll never find something like it anywhere else. The students at South are generally all very smart, try hard, and are pushed to do well by the teachers. There are lots of classes to choose from here. From my first day here to my last, I've always felt welcome and have never been ostracized for anything... there are very few cliques here, it's easy to make friends because the students all have such diverse interests it's easy to find someone to relate to! I honestly couldn't recommend South enough, it's prepared me so well in the 2 years I was lucky enough to go there.

This school does a great job with gifted students but tends to lose sight of the average kid. Too much emphasis on those in AP and IHS classes, leaving those in the comprehensive program (regular curriculum) to fend for themselves in very overcrowded classes. When an 'average' kid wants to take a selected AP class, good luck getting in. There was so much hype about this school locally that I expected much more.

south is an awesome school, but it is really cliquey. it offers a lot of classes, but not enough elective classes that aren't pe classes.

Last modified South Eugene High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.